Was first employee of TSR Hobbies
Edited last four OD&D supplements
Started The Dragon Magazine
Published Adventure Gaming Magazine
Now writing modular adventures for publication
If I can't be gaming, I'd just as soon be fishing

torstan
04-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi Tim, welcome to the guild - and thanks for starting all of this off! Great to have you on the forums. You'll be able to receive private messages once you pass five posts, so please feel free to browse the maps on the site and leave a few comments. Then you'll be able to talk to specific artists via pm about your mapmaking request.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay.

NeonKnight
04-09-2010, 12:29 PM
WOW! Quite the resume. Thanks for being thereto give us all our 'addiction'

Welcome to the Guild!

NeonKnight
04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Google-Fu..........HE-Ya!

You would then be none other than...............TIM KASK!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Kask

Guldaroth
04-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Greetings !

If I can't be gaming, I'd just as soon be fishing And very glad to see that I'm not the only one suffering from this disease...

Jaxilon
04-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Indeed welcome.

I remember playing those old TSR modules back in the day. There was one adventure (Light blue cover), I think it came with the box set where the first room you entered had a "scene of carnage". I always loved describing that and to this day I love to say, "you come upon a scene of carnage".

Oh those were the days when my buddies and I would spend hours rolling up a ledger of characters to then face the awful and antagonistic Dungeon Master. I say that because we actively tried to kill one another off. I believe those games are what created in me the ability to hear what is and is NOT being said by the words coming out of a person's mouth. This served me well as a software developer but might also be chalked up to a certain amount of paranoia, LOL.

You also might be responsible for my best friend's younger brother attacking him with his fists while screaming, "You killed my character!". Hehe, he may have been 10 years old at most so you can imagine the trauma.

I'm going to give him a call today and see if he can remember how that all went down...good memories and thanks again for joining us.

kaskoid
04-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi Tim, welcome to the guild - and thanks for starting all of this off! Great to have you on the forums. You'll be able to receive private messages once you pass five posts, so please feel free to browse the maps on the site and leave a few comments. Then you'll be able to talk to specific artists via pm about your mapmaking request.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Thanks for the welcome, and you're welcome for that other stuff. This is #1.

kaskoid
04-09-2010, 03:13 PM
WOW! Quite the resume. Thanks for being thereto give us all our 'addiction'

Welcome to the Guild!
Glad you enjoy the addiction. I bear the burden of having "...corrupted an entire generation with Satanism and devil-worship..." Isn't it amazing how many of us devil-worshippers grew up to be amazing adults?

kaskoid
04-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Google-Fu..........HE-Ya!

You would then be none other than...............TIM KASK!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Kask
Yes, I bear that burden as well (see previous post), but some days being me is pretty fine.

kaskoid
04-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Greetings !

And very glad to see that I'm not the only one suffering from this disease...
Going to go wet a line for the first ttime this spring tomorrow. Wife's got somebody coming to paint on Sat.; I'm outta there! Watch out largemouth and 'gills...!

Steel General
04-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Welcome Aboard!

muddle
04-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I still have some of those early issues of the Dragon!... I would love to see some of those graph paper maps... Wow, this all really brings back some memories... = )

mearrin69
04-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Welcome to the guild. Got a big shelf full of A-H games that haven't been played in ages. It was either an A-H game (Squad Leader) or a Metagaming (Invasion of the Air Eaters) that got me into gaming in the first place...can't remember which came first actually. Nice to have an old-timer (and a famous one at that) on the forums! We've got a couple of "old-skool" mappers on here if you look around. I imagine you'd like their stuff!
M

Korash
04-11-2010, 10:59 AM
you know something...

I am slightly concerned that a fellow such as yourself needed to wait until the second page to get any rep.

I remember reading through the Chainmail, Blackmore and Eldrich Magic books waaaay back at a Local Hobby Store (not enough gamers then to be a Game Store - lots of models, board games and balsa wood stuff too). Didn't pick them up unfortunately, but got into arguments years later about their relation to the D & D movement. :)

Good times, Good times.

Thanks very much for your contribution and Most Welcome to the Guild. :D

Christopher West
04-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Dragon and Dungeon inspired my love of maps to the point where it would become a career for me these past 10 years. Thanks for getting that ball rolling! :)

Redrobes
04-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Welcome, oh and I owe you a debt of thx for corrupting me :)
I played all D&D versions from basic red cover through to current but unusually i'm feeling quite sprightly against those stats. I think it took a few years to make it over ere and we played it via an import at the start since my mates older bro was a fervent comic importer and got some interesting games and stuff on the side.
Very cool to have you here and witness this guilds map passion !

Korash your right about the rep... ill whack a bit more on that.

Ascension
04-12-2010, 05:21 PM
We should probably all rep him so that he has the most...he's one of the godfathers of the genre.

kaskoid
04-12-2010, 10:26 PM
We should probably all rep him so that he has the most...he's one of the godfathers of the genre.
I'm afraid that I don't follow this "rep" reference.

arsheesh
04-12-2010, 10:55 PM
"Rep" is shorthand for "reputation", and is basically a numeric way of tracking how well esteemed you and/or your work is within the Guild. See that green bar at the top left of your Avitar? If you let your curser hover over it for a second it will show you your numeric rep. Also, the more green bars you have, the more highly esteemed you are. That said, welcome to the Guild Grand-Daddio of the dice! We all owe you a debt of grattitude.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh

A R Frost
04-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Welcome, and thanks for the addiction, probably the best one I have ever had!!!

sunchaser
04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Welcome, and thank for everything you did donate us.

I remember playing an old game for computer, Dungeon Master, that game made me fall in love with the RPG Fantasy genre.