PDA

View Full Version : Generic Village***WIP***

A R Frost
04-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Ok,
After grabbing some brushs from the forums and watching a you tube video done in PS, I decided to try my hand at making a small village map.
The map was done using GIMP 2.6
Few questions I have are:
When you use a brush to create say one of the buildings is there a way to rotate the building? That's why there isn't a bridge over the stream, and some of the buildings are offset of the road.
I still need to work on the water, roads and text parts. No matter how many times I read RobA's tut, I still screw them up and end up just doing them plain.

Any comments on how to fix these issues would be welcomed with opened arms.

And if anyone has a group of evil PC's that just need a ugly little village to destroy, feel free to use this one and wipe it off the map...

Thanks
Allan

Jaxilon
04-13-2010, 06:55 PM
it is a tad on the small side, I can barely read it zoomed in full. Do you have a larger image or is that what you started with? I've learned to go big and worry about shrinking later although I'm still learning myself.

There was a tutorial or thread in here on making rotating brushes but I wasn't up to trying to figure it out at the time and I'm still not sure I understand the concept.

With Gimp to rotate a building I can tell you how I do it. Select a building you have already created and ctrl-C (copy) it (it will be saved as a brush in your drop down menu on the right which is pretty cool). You can then use the pencil tool and stamp it down anywhere or if you <Ctrl-V> (Paste) it you can use the rotate tool before you anchor the pasted image. It works pretty well.