Originally Posted by jtougas
*Sorry Guys No Funny today The Riverhewn Gazette has suddenly turned into a spice shop....*
Riverhewn Phase VI...
Well after looking at this map for an hour or so this morning I realized that I just didn't like it. It had no "soul" it was just a collection of little buildings on nice orderly streets, fine for realism I suppose but not so much for my tastes. I like a city with surprises and a lot of back alleys and secrets. I also realized that I was
Updated 10-30-2012 at 03:51 PM by jtougas
As most of you know I am a "rookie" at cartography. I stumbled across this site and was blown away by the talent and and passion of it's members. I have always been interested in Sci-Fi and Fantasy so this is a natural fit for me. For the last 25 years or so I have been involved in the creation and development of a campaign setting region The Kingdom Of Shendenflar. This region is on the Flanaess in the World Of Greyhawk Campaign setting. For most of the time that I have been writing about
Updated 10-30-2012 at 03:52 PM by jtougas
Trying to juggle this one. As I mentioned somewhere I got bogged down in minutia and lost track of real progress. Right now I am going back to re-assemble unmerged parts of the map. I need to fix the road and city placement for one. I am on the 11th major change. Perhaps I do have ADD.
In keeping with the whole contribution thing I decided I wanted to convert Ramah's mountain brushes into GIMP brush pipes ala Gidde's from her hand drawn map tutorial. So I am following her convention of mountains as 100 x 100 and hills as 100 x 50. I scale the brush to fit that space, center it up and then color in white behind it to get rid of the transparent parts. Then merge. It's not hard, just tedious. I'm only on #14 out 63 from the mountains left set.
I've been on a mission of sorts to make some kind of meaningful contribution to the guild. In trying to make some heraldry for the Linlandia map I came across juggernaut's Heraldry and figured that I would continue where someone else left off, converting the gif files into png vectors. So far I am up to Ba, which is about 121 files. The total is 810, although there are quit a few duplicates, so I still have a ways to go.