Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Dungeon map

  1. #11
      Doirche is offline
    Professional Artist
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    29

    Post

    Nice map You say you only used Photoshop to create it?

    Is this map used for tabletop gaming? i.e. with Minatures? or is this just for the DM? I'm only asking because I was wondering if you were planning on putting in a title and legend.

    I really like the background texture you used in the rooms. The font is not my style but it adds a uniqueness to the dungeon for sure.

    Good work!

  2. #12
    Guild Artisan industrygothica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    782

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Doirche View Post
    Nice map You say you only used Photoshop to create it?

    Is this map used for tabletop gaming? i.e. with Minatures? or is this just for the DM? I'm only asking because I was wondering if you were planning on putting in a title and legend.

    I really like the background texture you used in the rooms. The font is not my style but it adds a uniqueness to the dungeon for sure.

    Good work!
    Thanks. Yes, I only used Photoshop to make it. It's really just a DM map. I hadn't thought about putting in a legend and title, because honestly I never planned on posting it anywhere. I might go back and tweak it a bit now though.

    THanks again.

    -IG

  3. #13
      torstan is offline
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,151

    Post

    It's a pretty map. The only comment I would add is that the shading on the walls is a bit strange. The drop shadows indicate a light source from the top left (which is pretty conventional). However the light on the walls is brightest on the bottom right edges. This gives the impressions of the walls being concave - which feels a little odd as they should be protruding out of the page towards the viewer. If the highlights on the walls were the other way around they would jump out a bit more.

    Otherwise, lovely map - especially for DM only reference!

  4. #14
      su_liam is offline
    Guild Artisan su_liam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Port Alberta, Regina(IRL: Eugene, OR)
    Posts
    708

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Most of this is a sewer system, and B4 is a major collecting point. You can guess why it's the color that it is. It's also home to a couple of well placed otyughs; it was just too classic to pass up.
    That yellow texture you used is a dead ringer for the sewer water texture from the FPS game Marathon. I like it.

  5. #15
    Guild Artisan industrygothica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    782

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by su_liam View Post
    That yellow texture you used is a dead ringer for the sewer water texture from the FPS game Marathon. I like it.
    That's funny, because I'm not sure I could reproduce it if I had to. I'm not especially known for keeping detailed notes on how I do things.

    But I'm glad you like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by torstan
    The only comment I would add is that the shading on the walls is a bit strange. The drop shadows indicate a light source from the top left (which is pretty conventional). However the light on the walls is brightest on the bottom right edges. This gives the impressions of the walls being concave - which feels a little odd as they should be protruding out of the page towards the viewer. If the highlights on the walls were the other way around they would jump out a bit more.
    I hadn't noticed that before, but now that you mention it it's sure to irritate me to death until I fix it.

    Thanks!

    Seriously, I do appreciate all the feedback.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •