Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 288

Thread: My Dungeon Maps

  1. #111
    Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1,272

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    Yup that's the one. 'Gatchaman' aka 'Battle of the Planets' aka 'G-Force, Guardians of the Galaxy' aka 'Eagle Riders'. The original cartoon (Gatchaman) is way better than any of the English versions (and a lot for more violent than you would expect for a kid's cartoon from 1972). The various incarnations of the series get worse and worse as you go along (IMNSHO). I don't want to get too off topic on this thread but here is a humour site I've created dedicated to Gatchaman and its incarnations (some of the jokes should be obvious to non-fans and some are more for the fans of the series): http://paratime.ca/gatcha_funnies.html
    I actually remember seeing that in my youth ... tho only briefly .... I grew up on Johnny Quest, Thundarr the Barbarian... Space Ghost... (Wonder Twin Powers --- ACTIVATE!!!).. the Justice League right on into He-Man, GI Joe, M.A.S.K., and Thundercats .... (Mumm-Ra rocked... “Ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!”) ....

    Oh... and Scooby of course... which I've become a collector of in the last decade or so... people just keep buying me scooby doo stuff...I never actually decided to collect it ... but someone somwhere decided for me.. lol

    sorry for the the off topic...

    Great map (man I say that a lot), I think you may be addicted tho... huh? .. admit it.. its a driving compulsion you really can't help... I know... I do it too... map map map

    heh
    Don't Forget!! Rate a Tutorial Today; Add a TAG to a thread today; CLICK on a GOOGLE ADLINK once today!

  2. #112
      Turgenev is offline
    Professional Artist Turgenev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    872

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    I actually remember seeing that in my youth ... tho only briefly .... I grew up on Johnny Quest, Thundarr the Barbarian... Space Ghost... (Wonder Twin Powers --- ACTIVATE!!!).. the Justice League right on into He-Man, GI Joe, M.A.S.K., and Thundercats .... (Mumm-Ra rocked... “Ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!”) ....
    Battle of the Planets is what got me hooked on anime and cartoons in general. It wasn't until after university I discovered Gatchaman and I was hooked ever since. BTW, Johnny Quest and Thundarr the Barbarian rule! same with Space Ghost, Galaxy Trio, Herculoids, Superfriends, Hong Kong Phooey and many more. I never got into He-Man, GI Joe, M.A.S.K. or Thundercats. I'm more of a 60s/70s cartoon fan than the 80s (there are a few exceptions like Bionic Six, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, Robotech, to name a few).

    Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Oh... and Scooby of course... which I've become a collector of in the last decade or so... people just keep buying me scooby doo stuff...I never actually decided to collect it ... but someone somwhere decided for me.. lol
    I'm a Scooby Doo fan (especially the classic series). My wife is a huge fan of Scooby Doo but we only buy the DVDs.

    Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    sorry for the the off topic...
    I don't mind talking about my fav cartoons.

    Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Great map (man I say that a lot), I think you may be addicted tho... huh? .. admit it.. its a driving compulsion you really can't help... I know... I do it too... map map map

    heh
    LOL! I think it is more accurate to say I'm addicted to Photoshop. Maps, avatars, PDF covers, RPG Character Sheets, image manipulations... they are all just symptoms of my addiction.
    Cheers,
    Tim

    Paratime Design Cartography

    "Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

  3. #113
    Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    I love my photoshop and my maps... but... PDF covers?? you mean.. just any ol' random PDF cover? ... I thought my interests delved a little into the 'quirky' but I can't say I've ever heard of having an itch for PDF covers...

    Character sheets on the other hand.. I do understand... myself... I collect Dice rollers, excel sheets and ... random generation programs and websites... I dunno, I never use them for anything.. but I have these things tucked away in zip files all over the place... my favorite being Tablesmith ... Though I have somewhat of a Knack for coming up with good solid fantasy names... in a pinch the name generators come in handy ... and I love playing with the town generators as well... can ya tell I like random generators??
    Don't Forget!! Rate a Tutorial Today; Add a TAG to a thread today; CLICK on a GOOGLE ADLINK once today!

  4. #114
      Turgenev is offline
    Professional Artist Turgenev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    872

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    I love my photoshop and my maps... but... PDF covers?? you mean.. just any ol' random PDF cover? ... I thought my interests delved a little into the 'quirky' but I can't say I've ever heard of having an itch for PDF covers...
    PDF covers as in when I make my own gaming PDFs, I make fancy covers for them. Here's is the cover for the upcoming PDF write-up of my current campaign:


    Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Character sheets on the other hand.. I do understand... myself... I collect Dice rollers, excel sheets and ... random generation programs and websites... I dunno, I never use them for anything.. but I have these things tucked away in zip files all over the place... my favorite being Tablesmith ... Though I have somewhat of a Knack for coming up with good solid fantasy names... in a pinch the name generators come in handy ... and I love playing with the town generators as well... can ya tell I like random generators??
    I've used Tablesmith before, not not recently. I have it somewhere on one of my external hard drives. I use various web name generators that I have bookmarked for the most part. I sometimes use the various other randon generators that are on the Seventh Sanctum site.
    Cheers,
    Tim

    Paratime Design Cartography

    "Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

  5. #115
    Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    OHHH.. that's right, I forgot yer in the publishing market as well... as well as graphic design and website creation.... and probably doing much better at it ... lol... <sigh>

    Nice cover tho, looks legit to me ...


    I like Seventh Sanctum, I used it last week for a couple of my players trying to come up with names for background contacts...
    Don't Forget!! Rate a Tutorial Today; Add a TAG to a thread today; CLICK on a GOOGLE ADLINK once today!

  6. #116
      Turgenev is offline
    Professional Artist Turgenev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    872

    Default

    I don't publish (not yet at least - I am looking at lulu.com though as an option). My RPG PDFs are for personal use for the most part because I'm usually using other people's IP (game systems & setting material). I've been thinking of putting together a PDF (or series of PDFs) of my various maps actually.
    Cheers,
    Tim

    Paratime Design Cartography

    "Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

  7. #117
    Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    That would certainly make it convenient and handy .... A themed set perhaps...

    heh... I'm watching Du&Dr cartoon... episode 5.... was I the only one that thought they could have just chopped off the chevalier's head and what would have made me the saddest was the fact that I didn't get to do it....
    Don't Forget!! Rate a Tutorial Today; Add a TAG to a thread today; CLICK on a GOOGLE ADLINK once today!

  8. #118
      Turgenev is offline
    Professional Artist Turgenev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    872

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    That would certainly make it convenient and handy .... A themed set perhaps...

    heh... I'm watching Du&Dr cartoon... episode 5.... was I the only one that thought they could have just chopped off the chevalier's head and what would have made me the saddest was the fact that I didn't get to do it....
    LOL! I can't be much of a D&D cartoon fan because I had to google that episode to know which one you were talking about. Ah yes, the Warduke episode. I have some nice screen caps from that episode.

    As for the PDFs, I think themed PDFs are the way to go. I hope to put something together when I can find the time. I'm too busy enjoying the summer at the moment.
    Cheers,
    Tim

    Paratime Design Cartography

    "Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

  9. #119
      Turgenev is offline
    Professional Artist Turgenev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    872

    Post

    I thought I would try something a bit different.



    This one is a big one (large version is 2000 pixels by 1980 px). The bridge in Area 60 rotates to gain access to the different sections of this dungeon. Here's a weird idea, perhaps the bridge is stationary and it is the dungeon that rotates.
    Cheers,
    Tim

    Paratime Design Cartography

    "Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

  10. #120
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Posts
    9,464

    Default

    That is one honking big dungeon!

    I like the idea of the rotating bridge.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Ghoraja Juun, my largely stagnated campaign setting.

    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.



Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •