Thanks for the comments and rep. Since you liked those I'll post another one that was done exclusively with CC2. Usually I use PSP to touch up my maps and make modifications, but not with this one. The entrance is down a pole through the hole in the ceiling of area 1. The spiral stairs (7) leads down to area 8. 11c is a large sarcophagus; everything else should be easy to figure out. This map and Dungeon 7 conform to the "One Page Dungeon" format (300'x300') for those familiar with it.
I don't normally post maps that I plan to use in my games until they have been explored, but I wanted to give an example of a work in progress with notes that I hide in the finished versions. I intend to expand the map to the west of the large cavern with a dungeon complex but haven't decided on its size or number of levels.
This is how the map looks after some minor PSP modifications (printer friendly & screen saver versions):
Good stuff, I like your colors and your caverns seem quite natural and not man-made.
Glad to hear someone else likes my caverns; I used to be horrible at creating realistic caverns when I mapped with pen and paper despite the fact that I can draw fairly well.
Here is a map I wasn't going to share because I wasn't satisfied by the way it turned out, but since it is the second level of Map #3 (post #7) I decided to show it. The first map is the entire layout and the second is a closeup view of areas 33 & 34 with a partial symbol key.
Map #4 Notes:
- The spiral stairs in area 13 (on map #3) goes down to area 1 on this map. Also, the light green pentagram in area 13 (Map #3) is a teleporter to area 45.
- The areas are color coded by depth and the semi-transparent sections (33-34) are beneath the "normal" colored areas.
- 56d is a gate that transports entrants to 57.
- 23 a-d are luminescent "windows" similar in opacity to stained glass - these serve to illuminate areas 22 & 24.
The following map I started at the beginning of the month and recently finished after starting a few other mapping projects.
- The ladder at 22b leads up to the diagonal passage.
- Area 28 is 30' lower than the connecting areas and is filled with water and an assortment of flesh-eating critters. There is a rusting ladder at the east door.
- A lower level can be accessed via the spiral stairs in area 33 or through the narrow door about half-way down the pit shaft in area 26.
Latest map with and without labels:
(I have not posted Dungeon #9 because it is much larger and is not finished, yet.)
I am really liking this map style .... Very cohesive colors that mesh well together.... Keep it up :D
You also seem to have skipped #8.
Originally Posted by mrrkyl
Oh, oh! Someone's paying attention! Actually, I didn't skip #8; it is the large (unfinished) cavern map in post #12 & 13. I did add the dungeon extension to the left of the large cavern as planned but I haven't decided if I like it yet.
Originally Posted by rdanhenry