It's festival weekend here in Altershausen. That means that our offices will be closed on Monday, so I'm posting next week's Map of the Week today instead of Monday, the usual release date.
The 30th J÷rgar (TM) Map-of-the-Week release shows shows us the lair of the dark draug Mumnir's orcs in the ruins of the AustamŠra town of Hag÷r in the remains of the fallen Ăsir Empire. (The ruins of Hag÷r were featured in Map No. 28 and Mumnir's own lair was in Map No. 29.) As in the locations where the other dark draugs dwell, Hag÷r is a lifeless village. Its trees are dead and only the brown waste of old plants and grasses cover the ground. Many buildings are ruins. When Mumnir came to the ghost town that had been Hag÷r, only hollow shells remained of the three structures. Large holes were in the roofs, with the broken slate tiles scattered in the dying weeds that had grown in what had been the floors beneath the gaping openings they once covered. Mumnir ordered his orcs to cannibalize still intact lumber, lattices and clay roof tiles from other ruins and to restore the castle and the administrative building with them. He had no source of new construction materials. The coach house and stable building was of no use to the dark draug or his orcs. It remained untouched, allowed to continue to slowly crumble, like the rest of Hag÷r.
Key to the Plan of Mumnir's Orc Lair
There usually are about two dozen orcs on duty with Hag÷r itself. About half of them are on guard duty in the castle at any given time. The rest are here in their lair.
Little has been restored here. The orcs keep their supplies here. Otherwise, the crumbling cellar walls continue to crumble.
Ground Floor Level:
1. Main Living Area. The orcs have their dining table, weapon racks and most of their sleeping bags here.
2. Unused. This once was a court smithy. Only the chimney and rubble remain.
3. Unused. Only rubble here.
4. Quarters of the Orc Commander.
5. Main Entrance. Two orcs always are on guard here. Two more sleep there. The stairs lead to the little-used upper floor.
6. Orcs' Kitchen. The trapdoor leads to the cellar supply area.
Upper Story Level:
Little has been restored here. Only the northwest (upper right) corner near the stairs is used. .The orcs have workbenches there.
You can get these floor plans in two versions:
1. The original Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 map in FMP format, fully editable, from our J÷rgar web page (17 MB). This version includes a 16-page PDF pamphlet that tells you how to use the map in FM8.
2. As three JPG flat maps, each 1280 x 1280 pixels (total 3.1 MB), available above.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the J÷rgar web site.
The J÷rgar web site:
Next Week: Lifehall Before the Devastation
The Vintyri (TM) Project