J÷rgar Map of the Week #35 - Bonehall Orc Lair
Attachment 39589 Attachment 39590 Attachment 39591
The 35th J÷rgar (TM) Map-of-the-Week continues in the former Ăsir settlement of Lifehall after the devastation, when the dark draugs Hrolf and ■ing˙l claimed it and made lifeless Bonehall of it. Today's release shows dungeon plans of the three stories of the orcs' lair, formerly the temple of the Ăsir deities L÷r and Eier.
Key to the Orcs' Lair
A. Key to the Dungeon Level
These floors are the working areas of the two dark draugs' subordinate red draug wizards.
1. Main Entry. This area contains the main stairway leading to the ground floor. The orc watch commander and two orc warriors always are on guard here.
2. Chamber of the Commander. One of the six dark rider draugs always is on duty here as military commander of the entire complex. All of the dark rider draugs are in avatar form and thus can tolerate daylight.
3. Torture Chamber. This area was built by the orcs as a prisoner persuasion facility. There was no torture chamber in the Ăsir temple.
4. Corridor to the Prison Cells. One orc warrior always is on patrol here.
5. Prison Cells. Each cell has a jakes, a wooden table with a candle, two stools and two wall cots. The doors are made of bronze and are barred.
6. Orcs' Kitchen Supply Room. Reached through the trapdoor on the first floor, the storage room contains food supplies and a well that dates back to Ăsir times. If there are prisoners, their food is brought to them from the kitchen through this chamber. The solid bronze door always is locked.
B. Key to the Ground Floor
7. Main Entrance. This area contains the main stairways leading to the unused loft ruins and the cellar dungeons as well as old statues of L÷r and Eir that the orcs have defaced somewhat. One orc warrior always is on guard here.
8. Orc Armory and Work Shop. The orcs' weapon racks and construction tools are here.
9. Orc Mess Hall. Food is brought to the orcs from the kitchen, area 13.
10. Former Altar Area. Except for placing sleeping bags here, the orcs make no special use of this area. When they migrated eastward, the AustamŠra Ăsir did not leave the altar behind.
11. Main Hall. Three of the old wooden Ăsir benches still are here along with stairs to the ruins of the side lofts, the pillars that held the lofts in place and the kitchen area that the orcs built. On the far end is the base of the bell tower. Several orc sleeping bags are strewn across the floor.
12. Stairs to the Loft Ruins.
13. The Kitchen Area. It includes a stove, a cupboard and a basin. The trapdoor leads to the cellar supply area and well.
14. Base of the Bell Tower. The mostly rotted wooden stairway vanishes 15 feet/450 cm beneath the bell and bell platform.
C. Key to the Upper Loft Area
There is nothing left here except rotting floor boards and the bell in the bell tower.
15. Potion Center. This now empty area had been used by the Ăsir to brew healing potions and medicines.
16. The Lofts.
17. The Bell Tower. The 800-pound/365 kg bell always is in danger of breaking through the rotten wooden floor and crashing to the floor 50 feet/15 m below.
You can get these dungeon plans in two versions:
1. The original Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 map in FMP format, fully editable, from our J÷rgar web page (18 MB). This version includes a 16-page PDF pamphlet that tells you how to use the map in FM8.
2. As three JPG flat maps, each 1360 x 990 pixels and at about 1 MB each, above.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the J÷rgar web site.
The J÷rgar web site:
Next Week: The Bonehall dark rider draugs' lair