Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dunver - World map made in CC3

  1. #1
      Clercon is offline
    Guild Artisan Clercon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Eslöv, Sweden
    Posts
    857

    Default Dunver - World map made in CC3

    I decided to try out the latest Annual from Profantasy. This months style was an Overland satellite style that was fun to work with. The style was very easy to use, and the end result is good (I think) compared to the time you need to invest in the map. After having finished the map I realized that i should have spent more time to make the coastline more uneven. Now it is a bit straight.

    Anyway here it is, hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dunver - World map made in CC3-dunver.jpg  
    My finished maps

    Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

    Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

  2. #2
      ProFantasy is offline
    Software Dev/Rep
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    I decided to try out the latest Annual from Profantasy. This months style was an Overland satellite style that was fun to work with. The style was very easy to use, and the end result is good (I think) compared to the time you need to invest in the map. After having finished the map I realized that i should have spent more time to make the coastline more uneven. Now it is a bit straight.

    Anyway here it is, hope you like it
    It's really good - how long did it take? Incidentally, you can add more detail to the coast using the "fractalise" edit tool (Edit >> Reshape >> Fractalis)

    Simon
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

  3. #3
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Curitiba (PR/Brazil)
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProFantasy View Post
    It's really good - how long did it take? Incidentally, you can add more detail to the coast using the "fractalise" edit tool (Edit >> Reshape >> Fractalis)

    Simon


    The fracttalize tools sometimes dont acept my landmasses... In my current map there some landmasses that if I try to use factalize it does nothing.

  4. #4
      Veldehar is offline
    Guild Journeyer Gracious Donor
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The world inside my head.
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Not bad at all. In particular if it was quick and easy.

  5. #5
      Clercon is offline
    Guild Artisan Clercon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Eslöv, Sweden
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Thanks for the comments. I'd guess it took me three to four hours to finish it all. From a white paper (or in this case blue sea computerized version) to finishing the labeling (that I however did in Photoshop). So in my opinion time well spent
    And Simon, I actually tried the fractalise tool (after a tip over at your site). It made it a bit better but still some of the coastline gives the impression of being too straight.
    My finished maps

    Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

    Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

  6. #6
      Albaen is offline
    Guild Novice
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I really like it. To do it in four hours is pretty amazing. Maybe one day I will get this good!

  7. #7
      Clercon is offline
    Guild Artisan Clercon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Eslöv, Sweden
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albaen View Post
    I really like it. To do it in four hours is pretty amazing. Maybe one day I will get this good!
    Thanks, have a look at Profantasy's programs, this one is done in their program Campaign Cartographer 3.
    My finished maps

    Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

    Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •