Jörðgarð Map of the Week #75 - Market Tavern
Attachment 48088 Attachment 48089 Attachment 48090
With the 75th Map of the Week. We continue in the borderlands town of Óðinn's House in the Kingdom of Slovania. This week we take a look at the Market Tavern.
The most interesting (albeit unknown until now) element of the Market Tavern is that the tavernkeep, Patrik, really is the deep devil Fargruz, a slave of the devil Gadreel in Newhouse. Farguz slew both the real Patrik and his wife years ago, ate their bodies and then stole Patrik's identity. Precisely what Farguz has been assigned to do in Óðinn's House is uncertain. It is clear that Gadreel wants Farguz to stimulate unrest and fear in the town and also to diminish trust in all ruling elements within both the town and the kingdom. His remarks as tavernkeep help do this. However, Gadreel no doubt intends to have his deep devil do more as time passes. One thing is certain, however, albeit it also unknown. For several years, there has been an unexplained disappearance of one person monthly in Óðinn's House. These disappearances are due to the fact that Farguz snatches victims to eat them.
Key to the Market Tavern
1. Stairway to Ground Floor.
2. Storage Area.
3. Bronze Door to Farguz' Secret Chamber. This door is protected with a magical trap that causes instant death to anyone who tampers with it. In OGL 3.5 campaigns, there is no saving throw and the DC to disarm the magical trap is 40. In Dungeons Daring campaigns, the DL to disarm the magical trap is 35.
4. Farguz' Secret Chamber. This is the area where Farguz does his magical work and where he eats his abducted victims.
5. Cells. Farguz keeps his abducted victims here. Although there are two bunks, he has not yet held more than one victim here at any given time.
6. Dining Table. Farguz slaughters and eats his victims here.
7. Circle of Flame. This magical creation serves as a conjuring and teleportation circle for Farguz.
8. Magical Flaming Brazier. Farguz uses the flame in his magical work.
9. Farguz' Magical Lab.
11. Tables for Stand-up Customers.
12. Public Room.
13. Small Fireplace. No heating is needed in Óðinn's House nor is the fireplace large enough to heat an area as large as the public room. In the winter months when temperatures are cooler, Nikola makes goulash in a pot heated over the small fireplace's flames.
14. Locked Door to Stairwell.
15. Door to Cellar Stairs.
16. Stairway to Second Story.
17. Beer Tap.
18. Food Preparation.
Patrik (Farguz) and Nikola live on this floor. The apartment is small.
19. Stairway to Ground Floor.
20. Kitchen Area.
21. Living Room area.
You can get the maps in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 map in FMP format, fully editable, from our Jörðgarð web page (6 MB).
2. Three JPG flat maps of 2500 Pixels x 2030 Pixels each (6,5 MB total), available above.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð web site.
The Jörðgarð web site:
Next week: Óðinn's House – The Æsir Valley