Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Ystraad

  1. #1
      Bohunk is offline
    Guild Journeyer Bohunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    231

    Map Ystraad

    RobA suggested I repost this here. Thanks again.

    The WIP thread is here: Ystraad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ystraad-ystraad-parchment-low.jpg  
    Last edited by RobA; 05-16-2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Added link to WIP

  2. #2
    Community Leader Facebook Connected delgondahntelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    A fine suggestion it was too... cause that is a great looking map !! ...
    Don't Forget!! Rate a Tutorial Today; Add a TAG to a thread today; CLICK on a GOOGLE ADLINK once today!

  3. #3
      Sigurd is offline
    Guild Artisan Sigurd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    880

    Post

    Lovely Classic Map


    Well done. What programs did you use?


    Sigurd

  4. #4

  5. #5
      Bohunk is offline
    Guild Journeyer Bohunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    231

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Lovely Classic Map


    Well done. What programs did you use?


    Sigurd
    Thanks. I used FT, CC3 & Photoshop.

  6. #6
      Sirith is offline
    Guild Member Sirith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Western Europe
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Great map, love the old look of it.
    Also, I'm not really familiar with CC3, but this looks like a very original map made with that program

    I do think the names of the rivers might be a bit too small and thin. But that's nitpicking

  7. #7
      ki11erDM is offline
    Guild Applicant
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Your map is just too perfect for me to not use as my new 4e campaign with my friends. I don’t suppose there is any way I could con you into letting me borrow the CC3 file is there? : )

  8. #8
      Bohunk is offline
    Guild Journeyer Bohunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    231

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirith View Post
    Great map, love the old look of it.
    Also, I'm not really familiar with CC3, but this looks like a very original map made with that program

    I do think the names of the rivers might be a bit too small and thin. But that's nitpicking
    Agreed Sirith, the problem I had was the names were so small if I blurred them like I should have, they became hard to read. So basically I used a transparency to tone them down abit.

    Quote Originally Posted by ki11erDM View Post
    Your map is just too perfect for me to not use as my new 4e campaign with my friends. I don’t suppose there is any way I could con you into letting me borrow the CC3 file is there? : )

    Sorry Killer but no, it is for another...sorry.

  9. #9
      Arkkeeper is offline
    Guild Journeyer Arkkeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.
    Posts
    154

    Default

    By All the Cartography Gods, That Map Puts you up there as a Map God Yourself, I'm Breathless. And I love the Early 1900's explorer look to it which is very uncommon but a beautiful style.

    Oh but Uh My biggest problem I'm Having with maps these days, You Have No Compass.
    Last edited by Arkkeeper; 05-23-2008 at 01:33 PM.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

    Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

    All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

  10. #10
      Bohunk is offline
    Guild Journeyer Bohunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    231

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkkeeper View Post
    By All the Cartography Gods, That Map Puts you up there as a Map God Yourself, I'm Breathless. And I love the Early 1900's explorer look to it which is very uncommon but a beautiful style.

    Oh but Uh My biggest problem I'm Having with maps these days, You Have No Compass.
    Ah but I do sir! Although perhaps not a very good one, but there is a compass above the map title. I have just begun making compass' however and I shall endeavor to create better ones in the future.

    I am far from being a "Map God" but I appreciate the compliment!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •