Jörðgarð Map of Week #105 - Sawblade Ruin
With the 105th Map of the Week we look at the covert Sawblade Ruin encampment of the evil Society of Immortal Darkness.
Sawblade was an Æsir thorp that fell into ruin at the end of the Great Wars. Today it is a mere shadow of its former self, standing isolated from the rest of the Royal County in Southwood Fortress near the northern border of Slovania. The few wooden buildings in Sawblade Ruin today serve the cult of the dark draug Mýsing in the ruins of Garndi's Crossing, in the fallen Æsir Empire to the north, who hopes to become a deity. The chief priest of Mýsing in Sawblade Ruin, the black necromancer Steindór, recruits evil Slovanian spellcasters as new priests of Mýsing. They receive their initial training in Sawblade Ruin.
Key to the map of Sawblade Ruin.
1. Black Temple. Training center for the Society of Immortal Darkness.
2. Orc Camp.
4. Greenwood Creek.
5. Wood-Drying Shed.
8. House of Immortal Darkness. Dwelling of the human inhabitants of Sawblade Ruin. The draugs dwell in the light-shielded cellar.
9. Trail: Hrolfsthorp to Southwood Fortress.
You can get the map in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable, from our Jörðgarð web page (23 MB).
2. A JPG flat map of 3000 Pixels x 2100 Pixels (3 MB), available above.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
The Jörðgarð World
Next week: Sawblade Ruin - The Black Temple