Jörðgarð Map of Week #115 - Fjörm House Tavern
I have to backtrack on my announcement last week. I noticed that today is a 5th Sunday in June, so ... we owe you one more map before going on vacation.
With the 115th Map of the Week , we take a look at the Fjörm House Tavern in the Slovanian city of Mine Docks. The Fjörm House is a pleasant tavern for those who are welcome there, but that's a somewhat select group of people. It caters to traders and many of those who are in the middle and upper levels of the transportation business. Raftsmen, dock workers, warehouse workers and teamsters seldom enter the Fjörm House. Their hangout is the Water Rat Tavern (Our next release, in August). Tavernkeep and owner Ludvik, a 55-year-old human male merchant, treasures and respects his customers, those who are local and those who travel frequently to Minadoka. He understands that they want their privacy and the ability to talk out of the reach of prying ears. If unknown strangers enter the building, even at a time when few customers are present, Ludvik will tell them that all tables are reserved; they should go elsewhere. It is not wise to challenge him on this point. Ludvik is a somebody who is under the baron's protection. Ludvik's wife and brewwife Ingrid, a 52-year-old human female master alewife and artisan, always is there but out of sight in the kitchen. If strangers make trouble in the house, she will slip out and get the city watch. If the troublemakers still are around when the watch arrives, they can plan on spending at least a week in the jail beneath city hall. When their time in jail is up, they'll be tossed out of town. In the communal brewing house, Ingrid brews a top-fermented stout dark ale once weekly. It sells only in the Fjörm House, for 2 copper pieces per pint/half liter tankard. The Fjörm House serves no food, only ale. It has no waiters or waitresses. One must pick up one's tankard at the tap and pay immediately. Ludvik and Ingid live in an apartment on the second story.
1. Main Entrance
2. Public Room
3. Rear Door
4. Outhouse. Two-seater.
5. Beer Tap. Ludvik works here. Cistomers must get the beer themselves at the tap. There is no table service in the tavern.
6. Trapdoor to Storage Cellar. The Cellar has not been mapped.
7. Kitchen. In earlier days, the tavern also sold food. However, Ludvik closed the kitchen when he took over the tavern a dozen years ago. He and Ingrid now use it as their personal kitchen. There is no kitchen in their apartment.
8. Stairway to the 2nd Story. Ludvik and Ingrid have their apartment on the 2nd story. This level has not been mapped.
You can get this floor plan in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (9 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 3000 Pixels x 2960 Pixels (3 MB), available above.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
The Jörðgarð World
In August: Mine Docks - Water Rat Tavern