Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Land of Eroer

  1. #11
      Gonzotron is offline
    Guild Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    Very cool! Did you letter it by hand? Beautiful labels.

    Edit:

    So I am stupid

    What font is that? It is stunning
    Thanks. The font is BlackCastleMF. I seem to recall that I had to modify a few of the letters in a couple key words to make it more readable. Sometimes these fonts get so decorative that it is hard to make out what it is actually spelling. But I do really like this font as well.

  2. #12
      AslanC is offline
    Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzotron View Post
    Thanks. The font is BlackCastleMF. I seem to recall that I had to modify a few of the letters in a couple key words to make it more readable. Sometimes these fonts get so decorative that it is hard to make out what it is actually spelling. But I do really like this font as well.
    Is that the same one you used for the Key? The E doesn't look the same or the T either.

    Cheers!

  3. #13
    Guild Apprentice Havercakes24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Errr gawwwd... Love the look of this thing. The stained grainy ugh awsome. Also thats pretty cool if this is for a film. Mind telling me the name?

  4. #14
      Gonzotron is offline
    Guild Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    Is that the same one you used for the Key? The E doesn't look the same or the T either.

    Cheers!
    Yes, I used the same font for the key. But I modified the E and T to make it read better.

  5. #15
      Gonzotron is offline
    Guild Novice
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havercakes24 View Post
    Errr gawwwd... Love the look of this thing. The stained grainy ugh awsome. Also thats pretty cool if this is for a film. Mind telling me the name?
    Thanks, appreciate the comment. The film's name is Summoned. It's a fantasy short film that runs about 50 minutes. It is currently still in post production. Here is a link that shows a matte painting I made for the film.

  6. #16
      Yenski is offline
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fort George G Mead Junction, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Looks great; although I think your client whipped this up without much thought at times. I'm still wondering as to the "Red Dawn Mountains" in the west. Either the sun sets in the East here, or there is some tribe of significant importance over there on that coast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •