With the 168th Map of the Week, we take a look at Espoo, a Karelian seaport and naval town.
GAME MASTER'S NOTE: The map shows the main part of the town. This is an area 2,400 x 1,600 feet/720 x 480 meters in size. Farms and fishing cottages continue for another half mile/800 meters westward along the coast. Farms and freshwater fishermen's cottages are on both sides of the Nyt north of the map's border. Scrubby coastal hills, partly visible on the map, go up both sides of the Nyt's banks.
1. Castle of Talmaan the Sage
3. Nyt River
5. Blacksmith Taarda
6. Nyt Distillery
7. Raft Dock
8. Karelian Transportation River Facilities
9. Raftsmen's Tavern
11. Espoo Distillery
12. Carpenter Teuvo
14. Communal Brewery
15. Mikko's Wagons (Wainwright)
16. Milla's Bakery
17. Niina's Weapons (Weaponsmith)
18. Ritva's General Store
19. City Hall and Assessor's Complex.
20. Market Square
21. Stormy Waters Tavern
22. Fisherman's Coop Fish Processing
23. Fisherman's Coop Sea Warehouse
24. Fisherman's Coop Sea Dock
25. Waterfront Inn
26. Mariners' Tavern
27. Karelian Transportation Sea Facilities
28. Sea Dock.
29. Hjalmar's Specialty School (for scouts and spies)
30. Hjalmar's Specialty School Dormitory
31. River Chain. It is stretched beneath the water's surface to ruin the hull of any ship that might attempt to force its way up the Nyt. The chain has links a foot/30 cm wide and two feet/60 cm long, made of bronze 2 inches/5 cm thick. It reputedly also has magical protection.
32. Espoo Sea Garrison (Naval)
33. West Shore Inn
34. Tinker Toni
35. Butcher Emil
36. Westsea Inn
38. Pauli's Windmill
You can get this map in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (47 MB) from the J÷rgar website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 3000 Pixels x 2000 Pixels, (3 MB), available abovew.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the J÷rgar website at:
The J÷rgar World
Next Week: Karelenland - Osmowood Town
The Vintyri (TM) Project