How do I make Brushes for Gimp?
Hey guys, I know this sounds like a novice question (but then again, I'm pretty much still a novice), but how do I make brushes for Gimp that use the foreground color as the color for painting? I have read through both the GIMP users manual, and a few online tutorials, and have managed to create a brush, but it only paints solid black, regardless of what the foreground color is set to. I have tried a couple different methods for making the brush, and no joy.
1. Create new doc (rbg color).
2. Create new transparent layer.
3. Create brush shape (colored black) on the new layer.
4. Delete Background layer.
5. Save doc as a .gbr file in the brushes folder of Gimp (in the users, documents and settings path).
This method got me a brush that only painted using solid black.
1. Create new doc (greyscale color).
2. Set the background color to gray (50%).
3. Create new transparent layer.
4. Create brush shape (colored black) on the new layer.
5. Flatten image.
6. Save doc as .gbr file etc.
This method got me a brush with a gray background color.
Ahrgh! Can somebody pleas help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here?