First of all... hello everybody!
I'm kinda new around here, I've been lurking in the shadows reading tutorials and practising but my photoshop skillz are not as good as I was hoping.
I made a atlas map following a tutorial made by Ascension but it got kinda crappy in my opinion. (Map Attached)
- The world is supposed to be the size of Mars
- Skyguard is supposed to be a giant mountain as high as Mount Everest with my current skills in can't make it look high enough.
- Those green things in the desert... that was me trying to draw fertile zones near the lakes and the rivers... meh.
- Noxia is supposed to be a city built in hills made out of obsidian.
- The southern region of Hemera is supposed to be replete with fields of wheat, so I guess it can appear a little more yellowish, don't know if that is perceptible with this scale.
- Danzuu could use some higher mountains maybe with snowy peaks. And a volcano in that large island to the left of Danzuu.
- The Imperial Reaches, Thalassia, and Arcadia are supposed to be tropical islands.
If anyone wants the .psd or any more info, just ask.
Your land looks god to me--maybe the texture is a bit too prominent though. I'm not sure I understand the bevel on the water. I'm in love with the font you've used. What is it, if you don't mind sharing?
I saw it on a fantasy map on deviantart and I liked it - cheers to that dude (I don't recall his name) - it was in the description of that map that I found out about this site. ^^
EDIT: Found it.
Last edited by dormes; 10-18-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Ahh.. I knew I recognized it from somewhere. Thanks for the link.
FYI, you should throw your map into a WIP forum and continue working on it there. This particular forum is more for people looking for other people to do their maps for them.