I was thinking about running an rpg game that centered around a fantasy city that has collapsed into the earth. The city would have fallen some distance, and different parts of the city would have collapsed to different distances.
I started sketching a map, but really got turned around on how to show it, and I thought maybe I'd see if anyone here could help me out.
My thought is the city was built on the ruins of an ancient civilization or temple, and so now, some portions of those cities are mixed together. I'm looking for something smaller than what you'd call a "mega-dungeon" but larger and more detailed than a 1000ft overview.
This may be too difficult, mostly because I don't have a good idea of what it would look like.
PM me if you're interested or you have a price in mind. If you need any clarification, or you have any suggestions, just post in this thread. Thanks!
*I'd be willing to pay for something. I don't know how much is reasonable, so I'll let negotiations happen through PM.
* None really. I was thinking about starting the campaign in about a month, but I have plenty of material.
*This is where I'm struggling. An Isometric map might be nice, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for and certainly wouldn't exclude a better alternative.
Description of Map
* Given above. I like the idea of roads, farmland, and maybe even a river now falling down the sides of a canyon into the destroyed town/ancient city where what used to be temples/palaces etc are now ruins and strewn in different directions
Quality & Size
* I don't have specific quality or size requirements
* I'd like to be able to print, but I don't have specific print requirements (I can print a jpg with my home computer).
* I am not sure how big this would need to get to really have clear encounter areas but still be a whole city
Copyright - (as simple or complex as you need. If you want something watertight consult a lawyer, the suggestions below are just for illustrative purposes and may not provide the protection you require).
* The artist will retain copyright of the map.
Last edited by JackOfHearts; 02-16-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Reason: meet criteria
This is a nice interesting idea you have. I like it. Cities can be a pain to map although this one sounds like it would be all busted up so that might help. I can't think of anything I have seen here but maybe one of the longer standing members will come along and recall something that might help.
“When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden
* My Finished Maps
* My Challenge Maps
* My deviantArt
Tags for this Thread