Map(s) for Kreos - My Game
yeah, how do I start?
I am Virenerus and I create a browsergame and the rpg system for the game
I tried a bit to create maps but ecause of the programming work I have not so much time to spend
I search for a person who wants to create a map or may some more in the future for Kreos (name of the game^^).
- we have a bad looking but relative detailed map so there will be not to much freedom
- we have borders, some islands, the continents and the big towns
- we have the ocean currents and the clime in the regions
- we have a raw height map
- i will give the towns and the names
may you think this is hard for the artist but the world is really well designed and big changes would be bad for the progress of this project
the finished picture should fit in a website, so the map should be on an virtual paper or should have a border
so I hope there are some guy
but I think you want to know something about the kreos project
(because noone make a blindmapcreation ^^)
Kreos is a big RPG world with all you can imagine. There are diffrent races
, like the small humanoid bugs. They are known as Brpl, because no human can imitate their speach, that contains out of click sounds. There are diffrent kingdoms, diffrent races and lots of classes. We try to create a browsergame that:
- is fun playing
- makes you say "I never have seen this thing!" after ojne year of playing.
- that is realistic (but fantasy) and athmospheric
- that let you play your role (as it should be in an RPG)
- that rewards playing, not spending money
So I hope there are some guys who would like to create a world map of Kreos (the planet).
If there are questions to this project or just ideas or other stuff:
I would like to answer everything @.@
Could you could post the height map. I have a few tools to make stuff from height maps which might make something useful.
here is the heightmap
but as I said (i hope so) it's really raw
so you can just see where big mountains are
may you can create a nice thing out of it
if someone is intrested I can post more informations about the map
Unfortunately I don't think I'll have the time to commit. I'd hate to agree to do it an not follow through.
I just wanted to post this as a "teaser" for others.
My quick hack. I dont have a lot of time to keep going with it tho. Hope it helps...