Cartographer sought: Revise two fantasy maps for e-book series
Hello all, and thank you for clicking. I would like to hire one of you very skilled cartographers for a fairly uncomplicated and pretty quick project.
Two maps, based on existing original content, for an epic fantasy trilogy. You can see the source maps here and here. They're working versions, and more professional work is needed for the finished novels. The maps are of the same continent, but humans have different place names than the other races in the story, and both need to be expressed.
Look and feel requirements:
The novels are gritty and realistic. Please take a look at their cover art, located here. The maps need to have the same tone. The maps should:
- Be in color, not grayscale or black & white.
- Show elevation by means of relief.
- Be on a light-colored background (white is okay too), but not blue.
- Use a font that complements that used in the book covers. Note: the non-human map uses some accented vowels. (I didnít know how to get them in when I drafted the maps originally.) Iíll supply a list of the names.
- Stay in line with the tone of the books: realistic and a bit dark. Cheery watercolors arenít the right palette for this project.
- Show rich detail for the mountains and fjords.
- Be easy to read.
The maps should not:
- Look cartoonish or be brightly hued.
- Show drawings for forests, mountains, little castles, etc.
- 300 dpi minimum--suitable for website and possibly printing.
- If needed, I can supply a blank outline of the continent in .psd format.
- Final file formats could be either .jpg or .tiff.
I will retain the copyrights to the maps. The cartographer may use them in his or her portfolio but not for commercial gain.
Iíd like the project to be complete and to receive the files within ten (calendar) days of project award.
$150 for the project (i.e., $75 per map) via PayPal.
Mike Canino, at my gmail.com address, which is mikeca9. Kindly direct me to samples of your work.
Thank you for your consideration!
Last edited by mikeca9; 05-26-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Reason: Cartographer selected.
I'd like a shot at this. Email sent. My interests are in graphically overhauling maps. Here's a sample of my work that shows a map I overhauled:
I've got a working sample of your map now. Thank you for any consideration
Thanks for your interest, Fury and all you anonymous clickers out there. I've chosen a cartographer. Best--Mike.
Never mind. FWIW.
Tags for this Thread