Earth -- As The Cartographers Got It Wrong
I want a map of Earth, but as cartographers, explorers, philosophers, and writers throughout the ages have got it wrong.
- Earth should be flat. Ships who get too close the edge should literally expect to fall off.
- Atlantis should be somewhere as another continent.
- California should be an island.
- Hy-Brazil and other mythical islands really do exist.
- Nortwest passage should cut through Canada.
- The Fountain of Youth should be in Florida.
- The Seven Cities of Gold are somewhere in the American Southwest.
- As many other misconceptions and historical cartographic mistakes as possible.
- Everything should exist as realistically as possible on one map--as if this was Earth in a parallel universe.