Fantasy Map Request - Southlands
Looking for a Legend!
I am seeking a map to kick off a campaign I was asked to run.
Let me just say that I have been inspired by the awesome talents I have seen on these boards, and went off to have a go myself, however the works in progress were just not up to par - looking more like a 5 year old with finger paint than a polished production; I hope to continue developing over time, just perhaps this time I might be wise to seek better talents!
Anyhow, the thrust of the campaign is that it will be pretty much a lot of overland adventuring back and forth from a lot of farming settlements and over a set of mountains and into the wild coastal country beyond. Hence why I am keen to look at something of an upscale map in 5k/3mi increments.
So in the end, I seek a bit of assistance in getting something off the ground that looks either half presentable (or better!) to gove my guys a good understanding of how the place is situated.
Should any questions crop up from brave and hardy souls, catch me at email@example.com
Time Constraints - Would LIKE (in my perfect World) to have at least a draft in the next 6 days-ish.
Style - I am looking for a map in the following style - http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ma...0_dpi_fd9h.jpg
I am looking for a colourful map - preferrably 'photorealistic' but thats not essential by any stretch.
Description of Map
* I attach a scan of a rough sketch of the map I was working off.
* The Kingdom of Fernand (The Southlands) is located on a broad peninsula and forming a rough V shape, and is frequently referred to as the ‘Kingdom of the Dragons Jaw’. The Southlands is in the southern portion of the delta, and ringed in on 3 sides by the foothills and mountains of the ‘Dragons Cuspids’ – on the far side is a small abutting landmass long abandoned by civilized folk, and often named the ‘Dragons Beard’
* The scale of the map will be approximately 5km overland increments.
Quality & Size
* [Professional / semi professional] - I'd settle for excited Amateur!
* [Required for print / web] - I'll be printing it out on A4 and A3... if it looks good big I might even splurge on A2!
* [Dimensions of map: To fit A3]
* [Raster / Vector] - Whatever you use.
Copyright - * The artist will retain copyright of the map, Ill just be happy to have something better than my hammy efforts!
Apologies IN ADVANCE if I missed anything!
So as an example, this was the best I could manage.
If you can do better, I'd be thrilled
Thanks again for reading!
That's not a bad start, Shifty! I can't promise anything but I might give this a whirl if I have some time today as a guinea pig for a 3d style I'm working on.
Thanks for the encouragement
Was my first real map that I have had a crack at since looking at the GIMP tutes. I tried CC3 but just couldnt get it to do what I wanted so sorta lost faith in it. I think GIMP is the way forward for me, if I can ever get my head around all the layers and the gazillion buttons...
I also stuffed it and saved that map as JPEG, not the GIMP format - so that sucked too - but hey its all learning right?!
Anyhow, if you do get a chance, that would be awesome!
It's not going to look anything like the style you want though.
I've started a new WIP for your map on this thread ....don't know how long it will take though as I'm learning this new 3d method.
That WIP looks great - hadn't even clicked for me that something like that was doable!... wont see THAT on GIMP
Thanks heaps, I do look forward to seeing it once your creative genius is done beating it into shape.