I figured since I've already spent hours ransacking through these maps looking for inspiration and ideas, I might as well vote on them.
I've included some critiques, feel free to ignore them: I'm extremely nit-picky and just had to get it out of my system >.>
- The Isle of Aedenis by vorropohaiah
the good: paper looks real, wonderful sense of immersion
the bad: someone tore the page!
the ugly: Aminastis' text doesn't look handwritten, its too uniform
- City State of Etheria by lostatsea
the good: sprawling city (with adjacent farmlands to boot!), excellent tree/mountain/sea texture work
the bad: fonts could perhaps be improved
the ugly: wood border is bland in comparison
- Clouds Rest by shepherd
the good: neat idea, beautiful artwork, well polished
the bad: walls along a sheer cliff...?
the ugly: ...
close runners up
- Deep Ruins by Chashio - (map isn't very clear) - beautiful style, I love the dragon
- Camulus by Seraphine_Harmonium (cracked border, round brush coast) - excellent geography aesthetic P.S. I'm stealing the flags on cities idea
- The shattered Realms of Altostratus by Schwarzkreuz (apparently not finished) - love the style
- The New Galilean Commwealth by Thurlor (wood texture, font) - 3d box reminds me of: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17834
- North Nimbus Sea by daemaree (the font) - zoomed 3d areas is a nice touch