Woot... agreement that I'm always right. Can't wait to rub that in to my family
After many hours remaking pretty much the whole map, I'm precisely where I was this same time yesterday... I love to remake things...
### Latest WIP ###
So this is where I am.
I would love to hear some opinions, especially about the border (which I'm definitely not sure about) and river. Should I keep that guide-line-thing coming out of the compass? Anything else bothering you?
PS: How do you call a very small waterfall in English?
Last edited by rgcalsaverini; 01-23-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Okay so... I kind of like the direction line, now that I realize what it is... at first I thought it was a mistake, or a fault in the rocks....
So... a few things...
1) This is absolutely gorgeous. I might have to give up on my whole entry!
2) The castle looks great.
3) The mill is fantastic.. the way the water is splashing is awesome.
4) I love what you've done with the river current, and the color doesn't bother me anymore.
5) New fall is awesome... but! Where is it coming from?
Now... to be nitpicky again... (sorry!)
1. It still looks (to me!) that the river is going to spill down onto the road.
2. The little star-shaped puddle looks like it's on a hill.
Here are the slopes *I* see... might be that others don't see it, but...
I personally like the border, but there's a weird spot where the color juts out past it, past the goblin road... *shrug* it's not a big thing, though
I would eliminate the line coming out of the compass; and I agree with Jalyha, the waterfall needs some refining, even if it comes out from the underground, the source is not clear.
I like the border and I must say you seem to be a badass at drawing and colouring! You’re doing a really good job, in my opinion.
My finished maps (feedbacks are higly appreciated!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/se...e=vBForum_Post
My deviantart page: www.fapor.deviantart.com
I feared that the line could no be saved, okay, will remove it. You are also right about the waterfall, I'll give it more work.
Grazie per i complimenti, siete molto gentili! I'm not so sure about that tho, I kinda suck at drawing, I just try hard to enough to fool people... hehe
1) Thank, you are way too kind But don't be silly, you're not giving up on anything. I'm just rushing my entry due to time issues, you still have plenty of time to develop your's to your liking, and its already turning great!
3) But if you look really close, its splashing to the wrong way lol
4) Great, the river was a big concern.
5) Ha, funny, at the minute I started making it I thought "Huum, Jalyha will not like this waterfall here", I even made up an excuse in advance this time. See this region is plagued by frequent mild earthquakes, that makes landslides and the like a common sight. On one of such quakes, that rock... Let me stop right here, I swear that it was better than that when I first thought of it!
About the river-road thing: I agree with this one, but I'm having a hard time fixing it :\
About the puddle: Really? I don't look at the puddle like that. But one person is enough, I'll try to relocate it or fix the shading.
About the border: That was by design, but it did seemed much better on my head than it did on the map...
EDIT: I was trying to fix the waterfall but didn't got very far. What is bothering about it? Is it the fact that its kinda floating there? If it comes from the up above the mountain like your every-day waterfall, is that a fix?
Last edited by rgcalsaverini; 01-24-2014 at 11:54 AM.
The waterfall thing is easy... it's coming out from the hill, right? There's two ways it could be getting there... through a hole/cave/crevass in the hill, or from OVER the hill. You can't see higher up on the hill because of the smudg-y border, (which I kind of like), but the waterfall doesn't start there. It's clearly mid-hill. So it needs to come OUT of something... either a hole, or a crack, or you could have it cutting *through* the hill, but you'd need to make a.. canyon-like thing.
I don't know how to explain...
The puddle you could probably turn it slightly and be fine. It's actually not bad, I just... notice stuff...
apparantly not everything though ...
I didn't even notice that about the mill!! :p
I'd write more but we woke up late, so.... ya
This is a pointless intermission and slightly off topic (and maybe even in bad taste), just skip it
Soooo, since I'm having a hard time finishing my challenge, I decided to draw this Vacruel titan guy who got his eye removed. Since on my story titans are evil demigods, and its a violent event, I tried to make a darkish deformed scene, but maybe it got a tad too dark? lol (When is something dark when is it just in bad taste?). But I'll share it anyway.