Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: August challenge: The Grist.

  1. #51
      loogie is offline
    Guild Adept loogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Strathroy, ON
    Posts
    363

    Default

    i'm with everyone... very nice set
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

  2. #52
      Lord is offline
    Guild Member Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    71

    Wip

    Ok here is another lair, or perhaps its a thieves den. They have a chest hidden in behind some boxes. I tried to make a table but couldn't get the wood to look right so most of these items are from Dundjinni which embellishments by me. The camp fire is mine again, as is the grizzly scene going on on the larger table. I guess I gravitate towards the macabre when im in a dungeon state of mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails August challenge:  The Grist.-d29.jpg  

  3. #53
      someguy is offline
    Guild Journeyer someguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    217

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    Ok here is another lair, or perhaps its a thieves den. They have a chest hidden in behind some boxes. I tried to make a table but couldn't get the wood to look right so most of these items are from Dundjinni which embellishments by me. The camp fire is mine again, as is the grizzly scene going on on the larger table. I guess I gravitate towards the macabre when im in a dungeon state of mine.
    Bingo! Great one.

  4. #54
      Lord is offline
    Guild Member Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    71

    Wip

    Some more rooms, using pre-existing tiles.

    One is where someone lives a meager hermetic existence,

    the other is where a group of not-so-nice people congregate.

    Lots of DJ and greytale objects, modified by me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails August challenge:  The Grist.-d30.jpg   August challenge:  The Grist.-d31.jpg  

  5. #55

  6. #56
      RobA is offline
    Administrator RobA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Niagara, Canada
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Lord - will you share the floor technique? I'm guessing at least two different layers plus the grid, but I can't tell if they are photographs of textures or filter generated. I guessing the smaller rock like texture is from a photo, but can't call the large tile texture.

    -Rob A>

  7. #57
      Lord is offline
    Guild Member Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    71

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Lord - will you share the floor technique? I'm guessing at least two different layers plus the grid, but I can't tell if they are photographs of textures or filter generated. I guessing the smaller rock like texture is from a photo, but can't call the large tile texture.

    -Rob A>

    Rob, the flagstone is indeed a filter. Every tile has the same exact floor. I will do a tutorial once the competition ends. It takes me about 3 minutes to do a basic tile now with what I am using.

  8. #58
      ravells is offline
    Community Leader Gracious Donor ravells's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    10,862

    Default

    Lord - will you share the floor technique?
    Rob, the flagstone is indeed a filter.
    Sorry I found this really funny.

  9. #59
      RobA is offline
    Administrator RobA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Niagara, Canada
    Posts
    5,530

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    Rob, the flagstone is indeed a filter. Every tile has the same exact floor. I will do a tutorial once the competition ends. It takes me about 3 minutes to do a basic tile now with what I am using.
    Cool. I would have almost guessed it was a voronoi filter, but the flagstones just seemed random enough to not be....

    (waiting with bated breath!)

    -Rob A>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •