I did a bit of back-of-the-envelope trigonometry and decided that if the bridge was about a hundred feet from the camera, then the back waterfall (at the base) would be about a hundred and fifty feet from the bridge. I did an overhead layout to rough out where the waters will pool and flow, and where the shores (as yet unseen) will be. Then I did an isometric transformation on the overhead elements, squishing the vertical by 57.7% while keeping the horizontal the same. I took the various layers and separated them by height.
Finally, I took that isometric composite and used it as a faint overlay in ProCreate on the iPad while I sketched the inks down on top of it. That results in the progress you see here:
### Latest WIP ###