September Entry: Unexpected Int-Eruption
Like for my last couple of challenge entries, I will caveat this by saying I hopefully will have time to finish. Things at work are very much in flux and of course they are telling us nothing.
Basic back story - Large group of refugees (100+) fleeing various types of oppression in their homeland travel around for weeks and 'stumble' upon what appears to be an idyllic place to call "home". Though the island has a volcano, from all appearances it appears to be dormant/inactive...
Obviously this is the 'before' image and though largely complete I still need to add some details. I may also re-do the trees/forests and tweak the "surf".
C&C welcome and encouraged.
### Latest WIP ###
...and here's todays update!
OK, made quite bit of progress on this since my initial posting;
- Darkened the ocean/sea on the 'before' image (good suggestion on that Ascension ;)
- Re-vamped the forests (I think they look much better)
- Added the 'refugee' ships and basic structures they built in their short time on the island
- Added the 'after' map (it is purposely hazy because of the ash,etc.)
- Added a simple frame (which I may change)
- Added basic labeling; title, compass rose, scale bar, etc.
I may add some additional info/labeling - still making up my mind on how much to actually include on the map itself. Still debating on having a column of smoke coming up from the crater.
I hope to have a small write up to go along with this at some point, we'll see.
As always any C&C welcomed...
### latest WIP ###