So, I thought I would instead of trying to do a photo realistic mape, I would instead do a more plain simple map, that would be more in keeping with some of the old Modules of my youth.
Jade Roof Monastery
My concept of this monastery, and the trouble it is experiencing is as follows:
The monastery is devoted to a god of Justice and is situated just outside of the PC’s campaign home base. It could perhaps be a place of worship and healing for the players during the course of the campaign, serving them from 1st level.
Sometime during the campaign in question, a cult of worshippers of a god of Deception & Betrayal has located a before unknown entrance to the temple from the underdark, and with the help of a Doppleganger Priest of the cult infiltrated the temple from beneath, slaying most of the lay brethren and clerics of the temple at night. The Doppelganger has assumed the role of the previous head priest/abbot of the monastery and is now on a course of slowing converting the local populace to worship of his own god through guile and subterfuge. This will begin by first slowly twisting the meanings of the sermons of justice to become more dark and violent in the justice and punishment to be dealt, in the hopes of soon turning the majority of the townsfolk away from their beliefs.
While this is going on, the cultists will be kidnapping local travelers to sacrifice them to their own dark god in the new temple they have erected in the caverns beneath the Monastery. Once they believe the majority of the townsfolk are ready for their brand of justice they plan on enacting crime sprees including mass murders committed by lesser doppelganger followers in the town, until the town has been whipped into a frenzy of bloodlust. The scapegoat will then be captured and sacrificed on the High Alter of the Justice God in the main temple, forever desecrating from Good!
PCs can unravel the mystery and hopefully notice things afoot in the temple before the evil cult’s plan reach a crescendo.
The outlying monastery grounds consist of the following:
1. The Jade Roof Temple: This is the main worship are of the townsfolk.
2. Jade Roof Monastery Chapter House: This building served as the meeting area for the High ranking priests of the Jade Roof Monastery.
3. Abbot’s House: This was the residence of the
Abbot, but is now the residence of the Doppelganger.
4. Almonry: This building is the where the local townsfolk hard on their luck would come to receive Alms and Charity from the temple.
5. Cloister with Fountain
6. Dormitory with Reredorter (a small projection over the river from which the Priests could to the washroom and their waste would be carried away).
7. Lay brother’s residence (the non priest worshipers dwelt here)
8. Fraterhouse/Refectory (Dining hall)
9. Kitchen (Built separate incase of fire)