Inspired by Helium3's Black Titan Redux Map I made a similar seamless crosshatch pattern for y'all.
I also added a zip of the gimp random hatch brush I created to make it.
Very cool, thanks. I'm sure I'll find a use for this somewhere.
how on earth did you make that Rob?
The whole living in Niagara, ON - just a big sham. :D
Don't care if he's an alien. We'll just beat the living hell out of him until he tells us :)
I give up. Here are thr step by step instructions (gimp, of course):
1) Create a new blank image.
2) Using the attached brush, scale it to the size you want with the brush scale slider. Set the spacing up to 100% or so. Check jitter and dial it up.
3) Scribble madly all over the image until it is completely filled.
4) Offset the image by 50% X and Y.
5) Scrible to cover and ugly seams.
6) Offset one moe time and touch up.
See? Not hard at all! The clever bit was making the brush ;)
Thank you, RobA!
This worked to add more of a grass flavor under my texture. I was having a time with it.