Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Long time lurker

  1. #1
      DarkOne is offline
    Guild Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    51

    Post Long time lurker

    Been visiting since RobA mentioned this forum at DungeonForge.

    Now decided to speak up.

  2. #2
    Publisher Gamerprinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, IL, USA
    Posts
    3,625

    Post Well show us!

    Show us your Dungeonforge creations. Haven't seen much until RobA's for this month's challenge entry - I'd like to see more.

    Welcome to the guild!
    Gamer Printshop - We print RPG Maps for Game Masters!
    http://www.gamer-printshop.com

    Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) Google+ community

  3. #3
    Guild Artisan industrygothica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    769

    Post

    Indeed, after seeing his map I immediately went and downloaded DungeonForge. Now I just have to find the time to learn how to use it.

    It'd be great if someone had a few quickstart tips or something.

  4. #4
      DarkOne is offline
    Guild Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Don't have much. DF is a little buggy on Linux under wine. I been spending my time working on a 3D world creation software (Linux only). No public release yet. I decided to use meteorite impact simulation to build a planet, satelite or astroid. I would like to throw in techtonics to give additional variations. So it is geared to creating rather realistic worlds.

  5. #5
      DarkOne is offline
    Guild Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    51

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    It'd be great if someone had a few quickstart tips or something.
    Look in the download section for the a guide and many other downloads for textures, objects, etc.

  6. #6
      ravells is offline
    Community Leader Gracious Donor ravells's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    10,862

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne View Post
    Don't have much. DF is a little buggy on Linux under wine. I been spending my time working on a 3D world creation software (Linux only). No public release yet. I decided to use meteorite impact simulation to build a planet, satelite or astroid. I would like to throw in techtonics to give additional variations. So it is geared to creating rather realistic worlds.
    This sounds really interesting. I think one of the reasons why world generators don't quite look right is because they are purely random and that plate tectonics is ignored. I'd love to see some examples once you've got the programme up and running.

    Welcome to the Guild, btw!

  7. #7
      NeonKnight is offline
    Community Leader NeonKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Surrey, Canada, EH!
    Posts
    5,019

    Post

    Welcome! I'd try Dungeonforge if I could even FIND the download I must be an idiot cause I couldn't find it
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

    Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

    Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

  8. #8
      RobA is offline
    Administrator RobA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Niagara, Canada
    Posts
    5,530

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Welcome! I'd try Dungeonforge if I could even FIND the download I must be an idiot cause I couldn't find it
    Well - you do need to be logged in to download.

    After that it is in the Download section, under Dungeonforge, second download in the list/

    -Rob A>

    Ahhhhh.

  9. #9
      DarkOne is offline
    Guild Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I should remember to mention the need to have an account first before downloading. I am permanently logged onto DF.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •