Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ways to obtain copies of the maps

  1. #1
      Gandaf is offline
    Guild Novice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Halifax, NS Canada
    Posts
    6

    Default Ways to obtain copies of the maps

    Hi everyone, I am new to this site, I was looking around at all the great pieces of art that are in here and I was wondering what the proper way to obtain a copy of these map. The way I am meaning is having it printed on a fine quality paper and hung on the wall. What is the best way to go about this and do I need to ask the permission of the maker first?

  2. #2
      RobA is offline
    Administrator RobA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Niagara, Canada
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    I would suggest checking with the map creator if their post or sig does not specify the licensing.

    -Rob A>

  3. #3
      Jaxilon is offline
    Community Leader Gracious Donor Jaxilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,914

    Default

    I will add a "thanks for asking" as it shows your respect for the artist.

    RobA is right. You will need to make 5 posts on the website here and then you can send Private Messages (PM) to other members. Also, if you click on the artist's name you can view their profile and they may have links to either email addresses or websites that they use.

    Also, welcome to the site, you just found a very cool place if you ask me

    Enjoy
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

    * Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

  4. #4
      Gandaf is offline
    Guild Novice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Halifax, NS Canada
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I will add a "thanks for asking" as it shows your respect for the artist.

    RobA is right. You will need to make 5 posts on the website here and then you can send Private Messages (PM) to other members. Also, if you click on the artist's name you can view their profile and they may have links to either email addresses or websites that they use.

    Also, welcome to the site, you just found a very cool place if you ask me

    Enjoy
    Thank you very much, you have mostly answered my question. I was planning on asking the Maker if I could use the map. But I am also unsure of how I would have this image turned into a good quality map.

    I also think is a pretty wicked site, I am feeling a little intimadated by the map being produced, but I just think this is such a cool thing to know.

  5. #5
      Hai-Etlik is offline
    Guild Expert Gracious Donor Hai-Etlik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    48° 28′ N 123° 8′ W
    Posts
    1,080
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandaf View Post
    Thank you very much, you have mostly answered my question. I was planning on asking the Maker if I could use the map. But I am also unsure of how I would have this image turned into a good quality map.

    I also think is a pretty wicked site, I am feeling a little intimadated by the map being produced, but I just think this is such a cool thing to know.
    A local print shop or office supply store should be able to do this though large format colour printing is fairly expensive. Also, you'll need a sufficiently high resolution image which the artist may not have provided, or even created in the first place.

  6. #6
      Gandaf is offline
    Guild Novice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Halifax, NS Canada
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    A local print shop or office supply store should be able to do this though large format colour printing is fairly expensive. Also, you'll need a sufficiently high resolution image which the artist may not have provided, or even created in the first place.
    Thank you I will have to check that out once if I get permission.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •