One Page Dungeon Contest 2011
Remember last year? :D
Dates: Submission deadline is April 1, 0:00 GMT. Based on last year's experience, judges will have one month to read all the submissions and another two weeks to discuss the result. Winners will be announced May 16, 0:00 GMT.
Judges: I'm still looking judges! Interested? Let me know → email@example.com!
Prizes & Sponsors: Do you have prizes to donate? Let me know → firstname.lastname@example.org!
Submissions: Here's how to submit your entry.
- Participants create a One Page Dungeon.
- Submitting a dungeon to the contest releases it under the Creative Common Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license with credit to the contest participant.
- The submission must have a name, an author, a map, a key, a link to the license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/) and no game stats.
- A link to your blog, wandering monsters, random events, adventure background or introduction, and descriptions of tricks or traps are all optional.
- One entry per participant. Participants may revise/replace their entries up until the end of contest, with the last revision counting as their official entry.
- Submission must be mailed in PDF, Open Office, or Microsoft Word format to Alex Schröder → email@example.com.
- If you have a blog article talking about your submission, I'd love to link to it from the One Page Dungeon Contest page.
Process: Here's how we'll determine the winners.
- Every judge nominates their favorite entries and proposes a category for each.
- We try to make sure that every judge has at least three of their nominations in the final list. The idea is to not only reflect popular opinion but to also capture some of the more eclectic entries out there. We'll make sure that every judge is well represented with three entries each.
- Based on the categories proposed in the first step, we try to assign a category to each entry on the list.
- The result is our release candidate 1. Judges gets to check whether their favorites are still on the list.
- We fix omissions and rename categories until we're happy. This is our release candidate 2.
- We revise everything until we're happy. We have our list of winners! :)
- If we have prizes (we currently don't) each judge gets to nominate their favorite entry for a prize.
- We publish our list of winners!
- Harald puts together a PDF of all the entries and a PDF of all the winners. We'll make these PDFs available for download at no cost.