Here's a new and improved version. Actually, an entire new map with lots of bells and whistles.
1) Map redrawn from scratch, still in the Pasis style.
2) The orbiting thingies represent planets. The orbits themselves are realist approximations of the orbits in our solar system, from an earth-centric perspective.
3) The planets themselves (mostly) don;t do anything yet, but I plan to make them do things when clicked.
4) the map itself is now click-draggable, which allows it to be much larger than it would be otherwise.
5) The animation cycles on the map itself are tied to the orbit of the moon.
6) The map needs lots of tweaking, including labels.
This is just a screenshot of the actual map. For the real thing, open up the .swf in your browser.