I'm creating both a 3rd Ed. and 4th Ed. map. Fortunately, I'm using Photoshop's PSB format (as I broke the 2 GB filesize early on). This allows me to create a separate layer group when I need to start working on 4th edition's carnage (4th edition really just said "f' it" to the Realms by putting a good portion of my map underwater).
- Anchorome (North of Maztica, connected as far as Realms lore says)
- Faerūn (what most of us are familiar with)
- Kara-Tur (east of Faerun; analogous to Asia)
- Katashaka (landmass south of Maztica)
- Osse (huge continent SE of both Kara-Tur and Zakhara)
- Zakhara (SE of Faerūn; Al-Qadim / "Arabian Nights" setting)
The planet Abeir-Toril was cleaved in two by Ao. Toril is the world we're familiar with via Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and all the 2nd/3rd edition Settings. Abeir is seen more in Spelljammer.