[WIP] Xaos - World map - PS5
This is the second stage of a largely handdrawn photoshop map of a world building project. I will be drawing it in photoshop, which I guess doesn't make it quite handdrawn, but I will try for that sort of look.
Right now, I started off with the following steps:
1. Render clouds - beige and slightly lighter beige
2. Film grain, with low grain.
3. Determine tectonic plates, weather convergence zones, wind systems and such to check where the different climate zones will be located.
4. Start editing, drawing borders and removing out regions that don't fit, add new ones that do, make the continents logical according to the tectonic plate movements.
5. Added the northern polar zone
Haven't quite finished all the black borders of the various continents yet, but I wanted to post it up to give an idea of where I'm starting off from. Yet another WIP.. I never finish these maps, but this time will be different! I swear..
And, here is the tectonics map:
I have reduced the size of both maps by 50% to allow for easier viewing, since there's not so many details yet.
I widened the map and started adding some terrain. I also reworked it so it would work well in Google Earth's image overlay, to produce a globe view.