Nice mountains as usual ;)
Nice mountains as usual ;)
EDIT: To step by step it:
1. You have your line art on a transparent layer if you've drawn it via tablet/stylus, or you can separate it from a scan and arrange it thus.
2. Select > Load Selection OR Right-click the layer preview > Select Pixels.
3. Use the Lasso-Select (add to) tool to select the bottoms of your mountains from either side of the base of the line art outline. (Click and drag from one end to the other on a downward curve to include the base of the mountain). The selection will automatically close in a straight line on top.
4. With that selection open, create a new layer and give it a new mask with that selection. Fill the layer (not the mask) with a color so you can see the extent of the mask.
5. With the magic wand tool ('contiguous' and 'sample all layers' checked) select the background (everything outside the mountains).
6. Create a new layer below the line art and give it a new mask with that selection. Fill the layer (not the mask) with a color so you can see the extent of the mask. Invert it. Be sure to disappear the top layer so you can see everything.
7. Note, any mountains with a break in the top outline of the line art will not be fully masked; you'll have to paint those areas by hand (on the mask, with white color and a hard brush). Do that now.
8. Adjust the mask edge (in the masks panel). Contract the mask until it conforms to (disappears from the outside of) the line art outline.
9. Use a soft, low opacity brush on the mask to smooth out the bottom edge of the mountains.
10. Done. It takes longer to explain than accomplish.
Yes, I thought so too but than how to proceed after selection? I could not figure out
*edit* herm, misunderstood the latests posts :/
I edited my post to include step-by-step instructions. Let me know if it doesn't make sense.
S, I wonder if it'd be easier to make patterns out of them. You wouldn't have to reset your clone location... just click on the mountain pattern you want. hmmm. I'll work on it. :) EDIT: :( Nah, got nothing.
Thanks Chasio, I edited my post cause I did an answer which wasn't related to SK's issue :D
A quick question is your parchment. How do you get your continent to look that way
@ Chashio: You just saved hours of my lifetime!
@ Vorro: I am Not cheating :| i have a set of 20 Brushes generated from clouds, jagged coast, wobble Coast, nebula, sandbank, cliffs and so on, its than giving you controll over a Black claud on a White layer, use the contrast tool to make it pure black white. Than select all Black, New layer, alter selection Round edges 1-2 Pixel, expand 2px, contract 2px, round 1 px. For the last Things i just created an Action.
@ Nocturn: use the selection and copy a Part of the underlying texture, than make it more light and less contrasty than the ocean, add darkblue borders, add immer glow yellow with strongline and a slight noise