Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Personal Project World Map

  1. #41
      Raptori is offline
    Guild Journeyer Raptori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Looks good to me as it is - I love the ocean waves

  2. #42
    Guild Member Facebook Connected Micah Doulos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I love the look of this map! You seem to be extremely strong in your ability to color and contrast!

  3. #43
      Sapiento is offline
    Professional Artist Gracious Donor Sapiento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptori View Post
    Looks good to me as it is - I love the ocean waves
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah Doulos View Post
    I love the look of this map! You seem to be extremely strong in your ability to color and contrast!
    Thank you!

  4. #44
      fabio p is offline
    Guild Journeyer Gracious Donor fabio p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Roma, Italia
    Posts
    150

    Default

    The map is great as it is, and there are some great touches (the figures in all four corners above all).
    For my personal tastes, especially in maps with political subdivisions, I like to see some shields and/ or flags of countries, cities etc. If you can manage to insert them without loosing consistency and proportions among the various map features, I would like it even better. But, as I said, It’s already a great job, as always.

  5. #45
      Sapiento is offline
    Professional Artist Gracious Donor Sapiento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Thank you, guys!

    Quote Originally Posted by fabio p View Post
    The map is great as it is, and there are some great touches (the figures in all four corners above all).
    For my personal tastes, especially in maps with political subdivisions, I like to see some shields and/ or flags of countries, cities etc. If you can manage to insert them without loosing consistency and proportions among the various map features, I would like it even better. But, as I said, It’s already a great job, as always.
    That's exactly what I'm now thinking about. I want to add some cultural or politcal information.
    The western continent has recovered most since the apocalypse and has reached a late medieval/early renaissance stage of civilization. The blue skins are actually genetical enhanced/modified humans adapted for life in cold areas. The deep dwellers are the descendants from those who survived in huge bunker systems, now very pale and light sensitive folks. Maybe I find a way to represent this in the map.

  6. #46
      Sapiento is offline
    Professional Artist Gracious Donor Sapiento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Posts
    2,281

    Wip

    Added some coat of arms - I guess I call this map finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Personal Project World Map-pp1.jpg  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •