Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The continent of Vaeriel

  1. #1
      Dain is offline
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Blonay, Switzerland
    Posts
    204

    Wip The continent of Vaeriel

    Hi guys,
    I'm 1 week away from my move to Italy but I still think about posting a map about a project Im currently working on. Mapping is definitely intoxicating ^^
    I wonder whether I'll add color, we'll see along the way. It's just the beggining anyway


    It's a kind of new style for me to try, despite being quite common for you guys.
    Hope you'll like how it starts ^^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The continent of Vaeriel-vaeriel-wip2.jpg  

  2. #2
      davoush is offline
    Guild Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I really like the mountains and terrain style, clean and clear; in fact I have been thinking about a similar style for my own map. How did you get this effect, it looks like they've been hand drawn with a tablet?

  3. #3
      Diamond is offline
    Community Leader Gracious Donor
    Facebook Connected
    Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SF,CA,USA
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    That's one of my favorite looks/styles of mountains to draw, so you already get a thumbs-up form me.
    "I like a look of agony, because I know it's true."

    -Emily Dickinson

  4. #4
    Guild Member Facebook Connected madbird-valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Oh god I wish I could draw mountains like that. Beautiful work.

  5. #5
      Lingon is offline
    Guild Artisan Gracious Donor Lingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Fantastic mountains The trees look a little big… A matter of taste, but personally I'd shrink them, or make blob forest (or whatever to call them; not individual trees I mean ), which I think could fit better with this style.

  6. #6
      Ilanthar is offline
    Guild Artisan Ilanthar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Well, looks very promising to me! I Haven't much to add that hasn't already been said. Do you intend to finish it in one week? Or will we see some italian influences ?

  7. #7
      Eilathen is offline
    Guild Artisan Eilathen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Yep, those moutains are superb. Remind me a lot of some of the mountains that Diamond did (and never uses ).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

  8. #8
      Dain is offline
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Blonay, Switzerland
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Thanks for the kind words

    Quote Originally Posted by davoush View Post
    I really like the mountains and terrain style, clean and clear; in fact I have been thinking about a similar style for my own map. How did you get this effect, it looks like they've been hand drawn with a tablet?
    They're all hand drawn, indeed. I used to use PS brushes but I now much prefer drawing everything by hand. It makes everything more unique, I guess. I'm currently using Wacom Intuos 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Fantastic mountains The trees look a little big… A matter of taste, but personally I'd shrink them, or make blob forest (or whatever to call them; not individual trees I mean ), which I think could fit better with this style.
    I'm still thinking about that actually. I've done both and each one has its inner added value and faults. We'll see if I can find a solution that fits well with the rest of the map.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Well, looks very promising to me! I Haven't much to add that hasn't already been said. Do you intend to finish it in one week? Or will we see some italian influences ?
    Well, I won't be able to finish it up before moving. It's gonna be my December private study, I guess

    Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Yep, those moutains are superb. Remind me a lot of some of the mountains that Diamond did (and never uses ).
    Did he? Humm, must have a look at it then. Do you remember in which topic it was?

  9. #9
      Eilathen is offline
    Guild Artisan Eilathen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dain View Post
    Did he? Humm, must have a look at it then. Do you remember in which topic it was?
    He did. In this map, for example: Successor States of the Old Empire
    Or here: Altamira - Color Version
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

  10. #10
      - Max - is offline
    Community Leader Gracious Donor - Max -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Gorgeous stuff as usual, though it's very pleasant to see you draw some non-cities maps Thumbs up for that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •