Haha a Kindjal? You mean like this?
Dunno if it's weird, but it is definitely better than saying it looks like Africa
But I'm definitely not at a point where I can label it yet xD There is still so much to do before that stage…
Anyway, I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by color based, but I did go and try to enhance their very simple color-layering style. Is it better now?
edit: I'm still talking about the north-eastern mountain range only, the others are obviously not done at all and just waiting till I find the style
Other problems that still need to be addressed:
- the desert looks to plain, it's lacking movement somehow. there needs to be more something.
- the ocean needs more variation, especially more shallow water near the coast.
- cliffs or no cliffs? You can see the cliff experiment best in the very south. Not sure whether that's too comic-y or not.
- of course once I'm set on the style I need to actually paint the other mountain ranges, the islands, etc.
- political borders, towns, trade routes, …
- I'm toying with the idea of including a city map of the most important city there, but that's so far off in the future I should probably stop thinking about it. Or start the city map project separately. hm...
Did I forget anything?
And also, of course: thank you very, very much for all of your help and patience with me and this project!