Tephra WIP - Critiques Requested
Hey y'all - it's my first post in a while. I'm pretty sure I've just been a lurker for the past year. In any case, I come asking for your expert opinions.
This is my world map that I've recently been re-adjusting. I was rather unhappy with the previous styles I was using and decided to go with something a little more fanciful, less pseudo-realistic. This map is heavily a work-in-progress. The central continent has a whole truckload of lore to go with it, but the rest of the continents we're still playing with.
I just want to know what y'all think - am I going in a good direction, should some things be altered, what's good and what's bad?
To note, I've used the following tutorials:
- How to Make a Flag: http://www.photoshopsupport.com/elem...ement-map.html
- Tapering Rivers by Arcana: http://www.cartographersguild.com/tutorials-how/2711-%5Baward-winner%5D-tapering-rivers-photoshop.html
- ISO Mountains by jfrazierjr: http://www.cartographersguild.com/tutorials-how/3717-%5Baward-winner%5D-how-create-iso-mountains-gimp-ps-using-smudge-tool.html
- Antique Maps by Ascension: http://www.cartographersguild.com/tutorials-how/3806-%5Baward-winner%5D-antique-style-maps-photoshop.html
- Making Maps by jezelf: http://www.cartographersguild.com/tutorials-how/2557-%5Baward-winner%5D-making-maps-photoshop.html
- I think my compass rose was inspired by GamerPrinter's map, which he posted at the CBG.
Currently I'm debating on whether I want to add trees or not, and if so, how. I've tried about a half-dozen different styles of portraying trees on this map, and I don't care for any of them yet. I've also reconsidering the flags. Perhaps it's just the way they're displayed right now that I don't care for.
In any case, I would love your critiques! Thanks