FYI, got the minis today via USPS. 15 figures for $63.23 (including S&H) makes them about $4.21 each. I think that's a pretty good deal. Victory Force was no muss-no fuss to order from. I ordered late on the 25th, they processed the order and shipped on the morning of the 26th, and I received them today (the 28th)in the mail (that's from KS to WA). That's about as fast as I get Paizo stuff...and they're just up the road from me!
I ended up with nine males, four females, one alien-headed figure...and the Klingon conventioneer (which looks fine for in-game use as shipped).
The molding is pretty good - not as nice as Reaper but not as bad as some...including a lot of GW Citadel minis I've bought over the years. The bases are higher quality than standard GW bases (which have gone quite flimsy lately). Getting them cleaned up now.
I need to make a Bolian male mini and there's a bald guy, so not much work needed on that one. Some of the figs already look like Vulcans. The biggest mod I'm planning at the moment is to put antennae on one of the females and paint her as Andorian - I have two of the same figure so I'll move the pose a bit and may change her equipment. One of the players' characters is a half-Klingon but I haven't spoken with her about how Klingon that PC will look...could require some work there.
Finished the minis. The maps not so much.
I'm a horrible photographer and the camera doesn't do them justice. They look much better at reasonable viewing range (1'-2') and aren't that shiny without the flash lighting them up. I've got them covered in flat varnish with shiny boots and accessories. I wish I'd been able to do a better job on the faces but...meh.
Edit: The Andorian female is a modification of the figure to her lower right (red shirt). I drilled holes and inserted (very) fine wire covered with green stuff. It was simple to do but very fiddly. I tried to make them look like the antennae on the Enterprise Andorians...a little Georgia O'keefe flower-like. Can't really see the detail in the pic but I think they turned out okay.
Last edited by mearrin69; 11-10-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Here's a little better pic. Finished up the bases.