Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [region 1][map 2 & 3] Chedalbur

Post [region 1][map 2 & 3] Chedalbur

This will be the thread for the development of map 2 of region 1 ( http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...0&postcount=86 )

Seeing the area has a large inland sea and lake, along with smaller low depressions, I planning to place some bogs or cold swamps in the area.

Here's what I can do:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkoneALT.PNG 
Views:	180 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	2979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkoneClimate.PNG 
Views:	94 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	2980   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkoneRain.PNG 
Views:	82 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	2981   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkoneTEMP.PNG 
Views:	81 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	2982   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A000000.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	2983  

Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Post [Region 1][Map 03] Kingdom part 3

This is the eastern part of the kingdom. kingdom name to be announced.

Is anyone still doing this part? If not, I'd love to have a crack at it.

If so, I've got a few geographical/hydrological suggestions. The bogs or swamps make absolute sense, especially with that big area of water, but that looks like a shallow Lake Okefenokee to me more than an inland sea. Thus, I'd propose that there be a large river running mainly north-to-south out of area 3 (I'll check this in a moment; if not, maybe out of Terra Incognita to the north), feeding the Thrubmorton Fens to the south and also leaking some water into the two lake areas. The area around them would then be a bog, with slightly higher elevation. What do you think?

Second, the piece of land running from center north to southwest should be more mountainous, based on what area 1 looks like. This should be a bit of a mountain spine, not necessarily very tall but at least elevated above the bogs in the center south.

Or -- wait, am I dumb and there's already a complete elevation map of the entire place?

The deal is you register your interest in the map on the 'abandoned maps' thread and then if the original author doesn't claim it within seven days, you are free to go, Octopod!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by octopod View Post
    Or -- wait, am I dumb and there's already a complete elevation map of the entire place?
    Yes - it was all generated with fractal terrains. The data was exported and we have all of the tiles with height map info. If you get the tile - and DarkOne has been *very* dark of late... then ping again and I can supply it or some derivative of it like a contour map or something. Do you have any particular software in mind that will use it ?

BTW - Bog land... good call, heh heh

No, I don't have any good software to generate terrain or anything. I can work directly on the contour map though; that's pretty excellent.

I have major questions regarding the overall layout of this region and Terra Incognita, though. Can I ask them here, or should I PM you or look in some kind of FAQ thread first?

We don't really have much in the way of a FAQ at this point. The project's been kind of ad hoc so far--we've addressed questions as they were raised, and everyone's generally made their own decisions as they saw fit. If you have questions about the project at large, it might be best to just start a new thread.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

On second thought, I don't want this tile, so never mind. I'll edit this message if I decide to take some other abandoned region to map, but I'm not sure yet -- I may lurk and map small regions for a while.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast