Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belgariad/Mallorean Fan Project

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Default Belgariad/Mallorean Fan Project

Requested by a family member, this map is based on the Belgariad and Mallorean series by David (and Leigh) Eddings.

Most of the work was done in GIMP, but the ocean texture was almost exclusively done in Photoshop, and the heightmap was edited in Wilbur.

Special kudos to everyone who helped me improve greatly upon what I had thought was a nearly-finished product. THANKS!

As I own nothing about this map, feel free to use it in whatever capacity you like, providing that you respect the original authors'/artists' copyrights. (Read: feel free to print it and put it on your wall, use it in your game, etc. but don't claim it as your own or try to make money off of it.)

EDIT: Dropbox link removed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	belgariadLowRes.jpg 
Views:	9483 
Size:	4.10 MB 
ID:	26768  
    Last edited by Gidde; 05-04-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Thats really amazing! I love your mountains, and I'd love to know how you made them look so great lol.

Thanks Sap!

And thanks to you, too, bobslayer! The mountains were actually a royal pain. I've been meaning to post up a mini-tut on them in hopes that some of the experts around here may be able to point out inefficiencies; I suppose I'll need to do that sooner than later

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Your Aunt should be delighted!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks SG! I certainly hope so

Love the map... but I curse you, because now I must go back and read the book series... again! Seriously, a really nice map!

Really nice. I always like maps that have the sea in darker colors.

Awesome map! I remember reading both series years ago - loved them. A quick question if you don't mind.... you stated above that you were ok with folks using the map for personal use - would you by any chance have a version that isn't labeled? And if so, would you be willing to share it? I am going to be running a D&D-style campaign for my family, & I've been looking for a world map to set my campaign in. I would like it to be unlabeled to I can fill in countries, cities, etc. specific to my campaign. Your map would work wonderfully for my campaign concept. Thanks either way, and again, great job!

Sincerely,

Dave
    email: synjon416--at--yahoo.com
    Last edited by synjon; 08-27-2010 at 09:17 AM.

i would also be interested in an unlabeled version of this map, or even better, the original heightmap. i'm trying to make a belgariad mod for medieval 2:total war. my email is my username at gmail.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast