Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bellows

Blog Entries

Default Bellows

Hey there,

This thread is for one of the city maps that I am creating for Empyrean Games to go with their Mechanol world. For anyone who has looked at that map, they may have noticed the seven icons that each denote one of the clockwork collossi - sentient beings that each have/are a city in constant motion around the world.

This map will show one of those cities. It is called Bellows, its emblem is the crab, which should become apparent why.

Anyway, here is where I roughly am now with it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bellows1.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	30274

Nothing is complete here, so positioning and whatnot - still not decided even on landscape or portrait - will change. I've nearly completed the fourth section of the Ring plan view at the top, which will be the trade section. I also have to add more buildings, refineries, atop the foil casements between the sectors.
    I've also got some rough versions of leg cutaways that I've removed for the purpose of this image.

This is my first city map and I have to admit to being torn between taking pleasure at watching it come together, boredom at drawing iddy-biddy-shiddy buildings and bemusement at the fact that I couldn't just pop my city cherry with a nice, straightforward, static city. :s
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I love the style of this and mechanol so much. Can't wait for you to finish it up! REP.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

It just keeps getting better. Cool idea and it already looks really great Ramah!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Crab City !
    This is quite interesting.
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Looks great even as unfinished piece.

nice mapping, and nice drawing, this has got to be tough to make look right. Nice job.

This is REALLY cool! (rep)
    How did you make the borders? Did you draw them??
    -Sigurd Sigurd Brutus Motor-

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

oh god.. that's awesome. very professional !

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Very pretty but the top part is kinda hard to see the buildings. I'm not sure if this image is half size or not but you might want to make that top part a lil simpler to make it more legible...maybe make the buildings more linear and less 3d. Just a thought, shrug. Pretty, though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Thanks all.

Ascension: Yeah, this image is at 50% size of the original so things are more visible at full size.

Sigurdbjohansson: The border is just my usual type border with some very slight bevels on the colouring and a round brush to make the rivets which are also slightly bevelled. Then it's all finished with my rough shading pattern to give it a little more illusion of height.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast