Done in:

Photoshop
    Wintopo Pro
    Global Mapper
    Leveller
    World Machine
    GTS

monks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Poster1_small.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	9617  
    Last edited by RPMiller; 01-25-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Blog Entries

A bit of a joint effort here but Monks does all the mapping - if deemed unsuitable as an entry then well heck it got are butts in gear to get a map out and something to print anyway.

scraper is having a hard time picking it up so adding in as an attachment. Might need some CL attention to fix up the big image.

Original is 10800x7200 and I am sure there will be a link to that at the end of the month.

Oh and the little knot thing in the bottom left is by Heath Hudson who has a web page with some clip art that anyone can use. I additionally asked if we could use it and he was fine with that. But check out his art too cos its very good.

The border is more Greek than Ancient but we couldn't find any good high res celtic knot work or similar. This pattern is from Liams books collection...

### Latest WIP ###
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-25-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool guys... where's Mt. Doom?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Big one!

thx monks
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Blog Entries

I agree we could do with Mt Doom on there. When is the deadline for the compo ? We were worried it might be the end of today.

That decorative bit could use some touching up--there are spaces in the mesh that should be made transparent so the sea color shows through.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

Thats true - and maybe get some color on there as well. It needs printing / painting / scaning to update it really.

I went ahead and made the big posted map an attachment. That was just too big.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Great job, guys!

Redrobes, you should know as well as anyone, voting often starts "late", however, if "on-time", there's 31 days in January, thus it should officially end at the end of the 26th, which is tomorrow. It really depends on when the CLs post the vote to start, and that might not occur tomorrow!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Thanks RP and GP. If its officially tomorrow night then I might nick that corner image and see if I can get some color on it and knock out those holes then. Have to see what Monks thinks but reckon he must be busy right now.

Got LedZep playing here all about Middle Earth... sad, very sad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast