Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Rising up the mountains in Photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    It came out quite nicely yukamui, the only thing that sticks out a bit is that the ocean texture is showing an obvious repeating pattern.

No big deal really, but something to keep in mind for your next attempt.
    Thank you for pointing that out Steel General! I have been looking at it so much that I didn't noticed this. When improving it I will try to work that texture up a little. Very appreciated!

Post 1.5 tutorial

Hi i tried to download the Terrain Creation Tutorial v1.5 pdf but when I go to open it, i get an error that says "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired." Can anyone else get it to work? or email me a working copy?

**I figured it out. thanks though**
    Last edited by edjogo2; 11-19-2009 at 09:10 AM.

Here is the latest version again. Sorry for delay...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Terrain creation tutorial v1.5.pdf  

Guild Apprentice Kaiser MacCleg's Avatar

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but I've been trying out the tutorial and I really want to add my thanks to Pasis for posting this wonderful tutorial. I'm completely new to Photoshop; I only downloaded the trial version a couple of days ago, but I'm really proud of the results I've had after following the tutorial.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Proof of Concept.png 
Views:	635 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	26521

So thanks again Pasis for a fantastic tut! +rep

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really good kaiser - only critique would be a lot of the single trees look to evenly spaced... but throw it in a WIP thread for more critique and praise
    Last edited by tilt; 07-01-2010 at 05:05 PM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Old or not we always appreciate someone appreciating our work. So revive to your heart's content.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I made this quickie map in Photoshop 7.

I think it turned out reasonably well, except for the forest texture I made.

thanks for this tuto!

Hey, is anyone able to give me the forest textures used in this, or at least how to make them? It's an okay tutorial, but it doesn't seem to explain how to do anything, just tells you to do it...

Here is the texture I had used for the forest. You can scale it down if the treesize is too big for your map.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast