Thread: Outdoor area. Nothing really special

Wip Outdoor area. Nothing really special

I got a bit bored today, and decided to dabble in an outdoor area. This really didn't have any thought put into it. I just wanted to test some of the repeating textures I made and make sure things like the roads connected right. Other than that, I am not sure what I am going to do with this... I will likely add more of course. I know the bridges don't fit at all (going to work on that ) It just may fall to the backburner for a while though. I haven't seen many outdoor maps here... though maybe I just havent been looking hard enough. XD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GrassyArea.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	1,023.6 KB 
ID:	21519  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The gaming people call these encounter maps - places to set up a fight between dudes and creatures, kill them, and take their stuff. Looks fine to me except that bottom right tree is rotated away from the sun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Ah, I will have to fix that. Would this be the right place to post this? Wasnt sure where it should go.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Hmm, good question. I'm inclined to say Battlemaps but I don't really know, not my specialty.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I went ahead and moved it to the VTT/Battlemap forum.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

This looks really nice.

Is the top center thing a bush? It looks a bit cloudy to me compared with the other items like trees and grass and stuff.

The trees look really awesome
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    This looks really nice.

Is the top center thing a bush? It looks a bit cloudy to me compared with the other items like trees and grass and stuff.

The trees look really awesome
    The thing in the top part is basically a small hill. I was using the dodge and burn tool to give a sense of height/depth. I am mostly just playing around where with techniques. Not sure what will come of this little map, but my next task is to build a bridge that fits in

Guild Journeyer

Looks good nice and simple very usable. Can always use more of these maps for games. Nice textures