Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earlsdale Interactive Map

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ilwan's Avatar

Wip Earlsdale Interactive Map

I posted this map some months ago, but took it a bit further this time. The Application is created with Flash and the map based on a tutorial by pasis found here on the board. The text are still drafts, but the application should work with any type of map (overland, city, dungeon). And probably I don't need to mention that I'm a non native speaker. Features are being added constantly. A special thanks also goes to DevinNights who created the trade symbols found within the app.

The map shows the Kingdom of Earlsdale, my home-brew campaign through over 12 years. A classic feudal medieval kingdom/world with low magic elements and focus on political intrigue.

The application is quite heavy, loading about 2mb before starting, so have patience when on low bandwidth.

Here you go:

http://mapventures.com/int/

I hope you enjoy the map and look forward to your comments about it.

Blog Entries

Man, that is REALLY cool. Well done on that, it looks great.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done... I dub thee newly repped *bonk*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Oh that's slick! Is that a home grown application or a stripped down Google maps type of thing?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Very nice. Now if you can make one that the rest of us can use for our maps
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

That is totally sweet! I would love to be able to do something like that. I humbly give you rep.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Looks very cool! I've been wanting to do something like this, and now that itch is much stronger

Really nice, have some rep :-)

Unfortunately I have to spread the rep around a bit before I can rep you again.

Awesome. When's the tutorial coming? ;-)

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ilwan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Oh that's slick! Is that a home grown application or a stripped down Google maps type of thing?
    Its a home grown application with some elements added as out of the box components (search and zoom script). I could create a version for generic use, so that you guys could use it, but I would need a license from the component developer in order to distribute it. Sites, text and symbols (cities, thumbs etc) are added via XML, so that would be easy to customize for people without any flash knowledge.

I will use the map tool for a city map and a dungeon and eventually some day connect the whole shebang, that users can zoom from overland to cities and the to floorplans. Ok, maybe Im dreaming, cuz I would never find the time for such project, but if I create something like that in fragments, but fully functional I guess I would find people in here that would make it happen.

Thx for the nice comments. What other features would you like to see?
    - music player? general history module within app? Religious demographics? Measurement tools etc. - think wild, there is room for adding features.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast