Thread: Griffon Island

Map Griffon Island

Here's a map based on the old Runequest box set called Griffin Island. I'm still not sold on the upcoming 4th edition of D&D and I wanted a small area to base a campaign in without unleashing the new rules on my beloved Quindia. If I find out the rules aren't for me, I will simply drown the island ala Atlantis, 4th edition rules and all!

The geography is mostly same, but only Soldier Port and Griffon Mountain have retained the names from the old module.

I am working on a 3d map of Soldier Port and I'll post the results here when I get it finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Griffon Island 96dpi.jpg 
Views:	1102 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	2781  
    Clarence Harrison
    Quindia Studios

Looks great, Clarence. I'll bet, too, that with all your Quindia map symbols and such "in the bank", so to speak, that assembling this was a snap!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Yup,
    It's an other good looking map : simple but still easy to use and get by. the kind of maps I like to use during the game play.

Hope to see more from you.

ciao,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

I don't know if you need to sink the island, etc if you don't like the initial 4e rules. I know I have decided that after 20+ years It is time to shelve my current campaign world and begin anew with a new world to take into account 4e's new design philosphy (Points of Light, more Dragon Born, Tiefling etc) as they were decidely lacking in my current campaign world.

I want to give my players the options the new rules allow for, without needed to change my world's vision, so better to make a new world where those visions fit from the start.

Just my thoughts
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Really nice, really clean-looking map. You do great work!

The map was easy to assemble this time. I think I put it together in two evenings of work.

I'm kidding about sinking the island. I am working to "Quindize" the old Runequest module to make it fit in my world. The concept fits the points of light theme very well. Several of my players went to the DDXP in DC and did not like the new rules. We are hoping it will be different around our own table...
    Clarence Harrison
    Quindia Studios

Quote Originally Posted by quindia View Post
    Several of my players went to the DDXP in DC and did not like the new rules. We are hoping it will be different around our own table...
    Huh...I tried the new rules at XP and I liked them, from the little I tried mind you.

If it turns out I can;t stand them, oh well, I have the 3.5 rules.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave