Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January/February Entry: Lair of the Alchemist

Default January/February Entry: Lair of the Alchemist

Ok, well I wanted to try something new but I've been wrapping up one commission, starting another and trying to figure out what to do for final touches on my Current Monthly Challenge entry. I'm also reading three books and running a business.

But then Geamon asked me why I haven't entered....Soooooo, this is what I was sketching out in my sketchbook. It's completely freehand and done without any points of reference other than my eye. I also wanted to attempt twisting the view by starting out the entry at a different angle and then pulling the viewer in through the door and into the branching tunnels of the Alchemist's Lair. Next time I think I'll try using some reference points though. I imagine this being linked through a Wine cellar or something.

I have not been able to do much with it because I've been doing all these other things but I am starting in the back and working my way forward as I paint. I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to be able to complete this one on time. I know I will try just because I hate to let things go unfinished once I start. So I hope you are happy Geamon

Once again, I go in thinking, "Man, I hope it doesn't suck". Hahha.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AlchemistLiar.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	33023  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Hell ya I'm happy, deal!!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

That looks like it'll be pretty freakin awesome if you get it finished

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Once again, I go in thinking, "Man, I hope it doesn't suck".
    I think we all do, lol ... at least I do Jax, this looks really good so far. I like the concept and I love this style of map. Hope you have time to finish!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Man, I hope it doesn't suck".
    That is my motto Looks great Jax. I hope you finish this because I can't wait to watch it develop.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

rofl - it's good to be quoted I guess.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

ouuu , this I will be cool ^^

Got a bit more of the halls done and the first room with the secret entrance. If I get everything done I'll start putting in some furniture and whatnot, if not, it'll just have to be the layout.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AlchemistLiar.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	33129  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very cool.It kind of feels like a "storyboard" to me (which is awesome)
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Man, work has been killing me lately. By the time I get home it's all I can do to get through my emails and some of the forums. To top that off, I figured I would have some time today to work on this but I spent half the night being ill which has me now feeling like a shell. I think I'll just totter off in a corner and passively watch some TV or something. I hope I wake up tomorrow filled with energy and drive so maybe I can try to finish this baby off. It's been slow going though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast